Typhoo Decaffeinated Teabags

Typhoo Decaffeinated Teabags

Tea Bags - Black, Decaffeinated

Review of "Typhoo Decaffeinated Teabags"

published 07/02/2004 | J4M1721
Member since : 02/02/2004
Pro Tastes gorgeous, brews quickly, GVFM.
Cons None really.

"Don't lose sleep over it, get your OOmph back!"

Ahh.... A nice cuppa char. Thats what my mum told me would solve any problem in the world. And I think she's right. Have any of you ever noticed that whenever something bad happens on telly, you always get someone saying 'I'll go and put the kettle on shall I?'. And do you know what they're making? Typhoo tea.

Yes, it has to be the pick of the bunch Typhoo, it's just the right amount of tea in those teabags, so the tea isn't too strong, and isn't too weak. It's just right. And now Typhoo have come up with a decaffeinated version, well thats just even better.

I'm partial to a nice cuppa in bed, which didn't really do me any good, as after I'd drunk it, I couldn't sleep. I was almost considering giving up my beloved night-time cuppa (shock horror!). Now the problem is solved with the clever people at Typhoo giving me the same gorgeous cuppa as the original Typhoo teabags did, but without the caffeine.

Typhoo is great in the mornings too. Even though it's decaffeinated, it brings you round almost as quickly as caffeinated Tea, but without that jolting feeling of suddenly waking up. I know what it’s like to wake up feeling a bit sluggish, clumsy and generally not quite ‘with it’ (it used to happen every day with me), but Typhoo Decaffeinated brings me round steadily, leaving me with a fresh morning feeling that's impossible to beat.

This treasure was discovered when, after complaining about drinking tea in bed then not being able to sleep at night, my parents brought me a box of Typhoo Decaffeinated (40 Teabags) back from Florida, after visiting my auntie in America. (My auntie will only drink British tea, so she started buying online).

Typhoo was launched by a grocer called John Summer, in Birmingham in 1903. Since then, Typhoo has been waking the nation with its tea for over 100 years, and today, Typhoo is one of Britain’s favourite brands. Now the ingenius people at Typhoo are producing the UK’s number one Decaffeinated tea.

Typhoo pick high quality leaves (Ceylon, Assam and Kenyan), from the finest growing areas around the world , and then vacuum pack their teabags to retain the unique blend of freshness and smooth taste we Typhoo drinkers know and love.

The bags come in 2 sets of 20 round tea bags, and are packed in foil to maintain that fresh taste.
The foil packets come in one box, which is sophisticatedly and uniquely designed.
It is supposed to look like a green box, with a thick white banner accross the middle, making the box primarily white. The writing within the banner is the standard Typhoo font, (in red), and above the length of the name is the word 'Decaffeinated' in smaller, but fancy green writing. Typhoo Decaffeinated is packed in 40's at the moment, but they will be releasing other size's soon.

I love my Typhoo, and now they've released Typhoo Decaffeinated, I can have my cuppa tucked up in bed, without having to worry about not being able to sleep after I've finished.

Overall, Typhoo Decaffeinated, is my favourite cuppa of all time - with no sleepless nights over it!

Typhoo - I don't know how many problems have been sold over one of your cuppa's, but you've definitley solved mine! 10 out of 10 for giving me my 'OOmph' back.

• xd-o-n-z-x published 22/04/2015
    vh
  • skeet263 published 22/01/2005
    Nothing like curling up before bed with a cuppa. The fact that you will sleep soundly since the cup is sans caffiene is the ultimate bonus.
  • redballoon published 21/04/2004
    Great review. Not for me though :)