Home > Ciao Café > Buyer Beware! > UPVC Door Company > Reviews

lona

Member since:20.06.2003

UPVC Door Company you can't trust

20.07.2010 (12.10.2010)

Advantages:
Competitive prices

Disadvantages:
Very poor customer service

Recommendable No:

18 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. euphie
  2. Novabug
  3. rojm
  1. Collingwood21
  2. sweetdaisy
  3. sandemp

I would imagine that most people will have seen the adverts in magazines and newspapers from the UPVC Door Company which states and I quote “100% Satisfaction Guaranteed, Don’t pay a penny until completely satisfied.”

Do not believe a word of it as I have been in conflict with this company since April.

I purchased a back door from them and although the installation of the door was very good the glass was not satisfactory.

I had chosen quite an expensive glass and as there was defects showing, it was arranged that it would be replaced.

Rather than install a new glass unit, their joiners came and removed the unit and installed a temp. one which they smashed putting in. Another unit had to be acquired.

The original glass was brought back and installed only to show that it was worse than before. Somebody had put it through a wash machine and ruined the finish of it.

Again it was removed and another temp. glass installed. This time they didn’t smash it putting it in.

The original glass was installed once more and there was little improvement so we told them enough was enough and that we would have to choose a different glass as the one we had chosen was now discontinued ( I wonder why?)

We went along to the showroom and chose a different glass which to me was of a lower grade but was told it was the same price as the original. We didn’t care by this time and didn’t argue as we just wanted the job completed.

The new glass was ordered and after a few weeks they came and installed it. I had at the time reminded the company that it had to be a silver spacer bar to match up with the spacer bar on my windows.

Guess what the glass came and was installed not only with dirt between the glass but with a gold spacer bar.

When I phoned the company to explain they said they had had enough and refused to replace.

Needless to say it is now in the hands of Trading Standards who can’t get anywhere with this company despite telling them they are in breach of contract.

I will update this review if I ever get this company to honour their contract.

This review was started in July of this year and we are now into October and the saga continues.........................

After many threatening letters UPVC decided they would fulfil their contract and replaced the glass once again.

The glass did not contain the kitemark but they assured us that it was safety glass and they would put it in writing that it was.

The glass looked ok except for a small dirty mark between the panes which we would accept but would defer payment until we could examine it when the sun shone on it.

Next morning when the sun came up it was unbelievable the dirt showing between the panes of glass.

We informed Trading Standards who got back in touch with the company only to be told that they had had enough and were not prepared to do anymore.

I don't know where we stand for now as they have been told they are in Breach of Contract.

There are many similar stories on review sites regarding this company, so I would stress to anyone thinking of buying anything from UPVC door company not to as they are rogue traders and should be exposed.
Pictures of UPVC Door Company
UPVC Door Company No Sun - UPVC Door Company
UPVC Door Company

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

daniella2010 13.10.2010 18:29