Review of "Ugg Long Boots Women"

published 13/10/2010 | anwar
Member since : 30/04/2003
All reads gratefully received! If I miss you give me a shout! Thanks for the premium fund ciao!
Pro see review
Cons see review
Design/Style

"These boots are made for warming!"

Last Christmas I was thrilled to be given a pair of classic tall Ugg boots. I had wanted a pair for ages; although at around £190 they were out of my price range! I had considered buying a pair of cheaper imitation boots, but they neither looked nor felt as good in my opinion. It really did have to be the real thing or nothing for me!

Most people will be aware of Ugg boots as they have been a popular for some time now. However let me briefly tell you what you get for all that money. Ugg boots are an Australian creation and are now sold all over the world. There are many different styles and colours of Ugg boots available, but I’m going to concentrate of my Ugg tall classic boots. If you would like to see what they have on offer then I suggest you take a look at the Ugg Australia web site. Words of warning here; there are lots of fake imitation Ugg boots being sold via the internet so be sure that you buy from a reputable source.

My Ugg boots were purchased from John Lewis and I had already tried on several pairs before my husband purchased them. It is important to try on before you buy to ensure the right fit. I found I needed a size bigger than I would normally take. The boots have a sheepskin upper and inner. The sheepskin used is of a high quality. There is a raw seam that continues around the foot area and up the leg of the boot. The boots have a thick rubber sole with good grip and reinforced heel. In addition to the tall classic version there is also a short version if you prefer. I opted for the tall version as not only are they warmer but I love the way you can turn down the top of the boot giving a different look. John Lewis offered a choice of three colours including black, chesnut and chocolate. I opted for a chocolate pair as I thought they looked lovely and wouldn’t show the dirt so easily! The boots cost £190, so they are certainly not a cheap item! However the short classic version are cheaper costing £100.

Ugg boots are designed to be worn without socks or tights. I love the warm soft feel of sheepskin against my feet. I am also happy that I don’t have to worry about my socks slipping into the boot as I walk! I wore my boots constantly during the cold weather we experienced last winter and my feet stayed warm and dry. The boots grip well too; important when the pavements are icy! I like to wear my jeans tucked inside my boots and find that they stay in place, another plus point for me! The bots are easy to clean and it is recommended that you wash in cold water using a product designed for cleaning sheepskin. I tend to just sponge my boots clean and use a soft brush to remove any mud or dirt. The boots will also need to be protected with a water and stain repellant, this can be purchased from most shoe shops.

Overall I can highly recommend Ugg boots. They look good, are comfortable to wear and keep my feet and legs toasty warm! I should also mention that as these are not made using man made materials they don’t make my feet sweat!

• JOE.B published 09/12/2010
    Nicely reviewed :)
  • malihat published 27/11/2010
    Really wish I could afford these.
  • tallulahbang published 25/10/2010