Ultrasun Face All Day Protection Anti-Ageing Formula SPF30

Ultra Sun, High SPF30 for face, free from perfume, ouls and emulsifiers. Anti-ageing formula.

Review of "Ultrasun Face All Day Protection Anti-Ageing Formula SPF30"

published 29/05/2017 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro protection
Cons price
How does it affect your skin?
Staying Power
Does it smell good?
Water resistancy
How easily is it absorbed?

""Trust me on the sunscreen...""

Ultrasun Face All Day Protection Anti-Ageing Formula SPF30

I recently bought a beauty box from Latest in Beauty for £20. It was themed "Cosmopolitan" and included a 25ml tube of the factor 30 face sun cream from Ultrasun. The whole box was a bargain in my opinion and is still available if you fancy a look. This review is just about the sun cream though.

First impressions
I always welcome small tubes of sun cream in to my life because they are easier to pop in my handbag and I can use them on me and the kids and they are not in use enough to get all messy like the larger versions we take on holiday. This tube is white with a pink line on the top and mine is a squeezy tube, because technically it is a deluxe sample. The top is a simple twist off cap and the tube is easy to squeeze.

About this product
This sunscreen is factor 30 and designed to be used on the face but we used it on our face and arms when out in the sun yesterday all day. It claims to be anti ageing, and sun protection for very sensitive skin which is nicely reassuring. It says it has antioxidants, no perfume, no emulsifiers, no preservatives and is water resistant.

In use
I am really careful when applying sunscreen to my face and also to my kids' faces. We've all had it in our eyes before and it's an awful feeling that lasts ages, streaming, stinging eyes are terrible. But protection is important so we apply slowly and carefully. This cream is white, and you can definitely see where you are going but it does not leave a sheen of white on your face, it gets fully absorbed and does not look or feel greasy.

What they say
Advanced all-in-one skin care and sun protection, anti-ageing formula.

Airless pump dispenser to prevent product deterioration and contamination. Incorporating the very latest skin care research and advances, Face 30 delivers very high, all day protection (UVA 98% Australian Standard and UVB SPF 30) with just one application.

It contains Ectoin for active DNA and cell protection as well as S.O.D., an enzyme that effectively neutralises skin-damaging free radical activity stimulated by exposure to the sun. Its Boron Nitride (the Science of Softness) reduces fine lines and its formulation reduces the loss of the skin’s own moisture content, so there’s no need to moisturise.

It is free from oils, emulsifiers and perfume reducing the risk of allergy and making it especially suitable for sensitive skins. Like all Ultrasun products, it is non-greasy, water-resistant and easy to use.

My thoughts
Yesterday, between the four of us on our family outing we used half a (mini) tube and we applied it once and it lasted us all day. No one caught the sun and it was a warm day and we were out in it for hours so I am very happy that this is a long lasting sun protection cream. A tinted version of this sunscreen is also available which I am going to try out, it sounds ideal if you want to wear a bit of make up and keep your face protected.

Price and availability
A 50 ml pot is £18 on the all beauty website and this is a pump dispenser so it should last a long time. I would be happy to pay this price for an all day lasting sunscreen. The QVC website also sell this product in a two pack for £32 which is extra advantage as it's a good price and if you don't like it you can send it back for a full refund within 30 days (even if you have used some of it).

Final word
This is a recommended facial sun cream. It is expensive, so maybe I should not have applied it to the kids arms yesterday but it still worked! I prefer to use one specifically designed tor the face on the face and would definitely buy this to take away. Protecting my face from the sun is important to me in anti ageing and health conscious terms.

• jb0077 published 12/06/2017