Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)

Genre: Action/Adventure - Publisher: Sony - Age Rating: 15, 16+

Review of "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)"

published 18/05/2014 | vleugjemango
Member since : 17/05/2014
Hello people, My name is vleugjemango and i love to write. I live in the Netherlands and I am 23 years old. Hope you like my reviews
Pro Good textures, Very good animation, Good story, Extra achievments, HD movies
Cons Tearing effects, minor bugs,
Gameplay/Playability
Graphics
Sound
Difficulty & Complexity

"Uncharted: Drake's Fortune new era of gaming?"

General

If you think about Uncharted, you think about an Indiana Jones kind of Story and a Tomb Raider kind of gameplay. It can be described as an action-adventure game in which the main character Drake participates in firefights interpersed with solving puzzles, platforming and driving vehicles.

Playability

In my opinion are the control very smooth and responds well. The camera however turns often on wrong moments. Because of that you need to correct your steering directions often. What I noticed was that before i could make a jump I was all the time correction my camera angle before actually make the jump.
Screen

The graphical models are of high quality and are certainly not blocky. One has clearly done his best to make it look slick. Also I think that the animation is of high quality. Unfortunately, that cannot be said for the rendering engine that is used for this game. The low framerate and very noticeable tearing reminds the player that is isn't a film but a game where the manufacturer didn't pay attention to optimize the rendering engine

Sound

The sound is one of the points where this game can score very well. Although the dialogue is often a bit B-movie-like, but the voices and sound effects are really good. The music is also atmospheric. I did not test the surround sound system, but the packaging says that Dolby Digital 5.1, PCM 5.1 and 7.1 are supported.
Bugs

When starting the game, the game revelead straight away a bug. The packaging states that the game supports 1080p. On my PS3 are 720p and 1080p set as the supported resolution for my TV. Nevertheless, the game still undesirable plays the game in 720p. Only when 1080p is selected as TV resolution, the game will play in 1080p.

Conclusion

No multiplayer, minor graphical glitches and a high price do not outweigh the fact that Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is an absolute winner. A story that drags along with perhaps the best graphics and the most beautiful sound that I have seen. This al together makes Uncharted: Drake's Fortune an must have. I think that every PS3 owner should have this in his or her closet.

• top-reviewz published 18/05/2014
    don't really like this uncharted. Welcome to ciao :)
  • Deesrev published 18/05/2014
    Welcome to Ciao :~)
  • Dentolux published 18/05/2014
    Welcome to Ciao. Despite their critical acclaim I have never managed to get into the Uncharted games. I own both 2 and 3, but have yet to complete either.