Review of "Unibond No More Nails"

published 25/03/2013 | Chrisheels
Member since : 18/10/2012
Pro Non-messy, reasonably priced, quick drying and very strong
Cons can be too strong

"No more.... things falling off the wall"

No more nails is a strong relativley uick drying adhesive that stick pretty much anything to pretty much anything else. I've used it for endless DIY jobs around the house and find it far better than many other so-called super glues on the market.

The Product

I'll stick to reviewing the no more nails for interior use as this is the one that I use most. It's also available in exterior grade and a variety of special purpose types.

No more nails is supplied in a plastic tube heavily branded with the name in bold. The plastic tube is much like a toothpast tube and can be rolled from the bottom towards the nozzle to squeeze out every drop. One issue with this is that if the glue is left open the nozzle will block with dried glue, but a nail pressed through this will usually allow you to get any remainder out.

The cap is a screw cap which is better at sealing the glue from the air than a flip cap.

===The glue==

The glue is applied by squeezing a small amount on to both of the surface to be stuck and presing them together. After holding for 10 seconds the glue sticks, however will require few hours to fully cure and provide its full strength properties.

The glue dries white (not clear like some other similar looking glues) which may be unsightly. I tend to use it in places where it won't be seena s I have found that after some time it will discolour to a murky yellow.

The glue claims to adhere to tile, wood, metal, ceramic and concrete and most other building materials. I am yet to find something that it doesn't stick (Being an engineer I could dig into free surface energies...but I won't!)

I have used this around the house for many applications including strengthening the legs of a self built table. For this it worked perfectly as the glue does not dry as brittle as something like araldite (cured epoxy) meaning the table has a slight flex and the glue doesn't snap off at the slightest touch.

I also used no more nails interior to reinforce a homemade surfboard wall mount after it fell off the wall damaging my board due to my use of screws that weren;t deep enough. The mount has held firmly for over 6 months so far!

===Price===

no more nails interior sells for around £4 for a 322g bottle measuring 22.6 x 7.4 x 5.6 cm. this is extemely reasonable for such a versatile glue and the bottle has lasted me ages with occassional use around the house.
Summary

Highly recommended over other similar products. Non-messy, reasonably priced, quick drying and very strong....everything equired by a glue!

offers "Unibond No More Nails"