University of Nottingham

University of Nottingham

Review of "University of Nottingham"

published 11/01/2001 | kesstrell
Member since : 09/01/2001
Pro beautiful campus, great facilities, good accommodation, good academic reputation
Cons large student population, some old halls of residence not refurbished, some stringent rules
IT Facilities
Libraries
Societies/Clubs
Sporting Facilities
Student Union

"An international point of view"

Before I got to the UK I had rather high expectations of Nottingham University, what with its highly, not to mentioned widely, advertised courses and excellent campus facilities, and I must say I wasn't disappointed! The campus here is really beautiful,with wide open fields, lush greenery, little squirrels running about...and of course the facilites lived up to its standards! i'm currently studying here and staying in one of the halls of residence, and i've got a single room with private shared bathroom, i.e shared by two people only, which is good for privacy. In Jubilee campus, the university's brand new campus, it's even better because they have hotel-like facilities over there, all the rooms are brand new and furnished really nicely! The best part is all the halls of residence on campus are fully catered for so new students like me do not have to worry about cooking when we get here for the first time. Academic courses are fine as well, in fact this university is very popular for medical and law courses; rated among the best in the UK.
International students form a large portion of the student population, though not the majority. There are students from all over the world here, with the biggest international student population being from Malaysia! I've really enjoyed my stay here so far..and have not regreted leaving home for the UK.

• ashford published 12/01/2001
    A good review. I expect you know that Nottingham U now have a branch campus here in Malaysia. Malaysian's generally have a high regard for Nottingham University. Ray Wells
  • pakalang published 11/01/2001
    Good second op on Notts. More info would help and some paragraphing can do no harm as well. Where were you before UK? I assume that you're an international student? Keep it coming anyway. cheers.

Product Information : University of Nottingham