Urban Decay Lip Gunk

Urban Decay Lip Gunk

Lip Make-up - Lip Gloss

Review of "Urban Decay Lip Gunk"

published 02/04/2006 | mimi_solei
Member since : 30/09/2005
Good
Pro Shiny, sweet smelling, large range of colours
Cons Sticky texture, price, smell

"Urban Decay- 10 Years on are they worth the money?"

BACKGROUND
Someone my age really shouldn't be buying this brand (i.e. mid twenties). Created in 1996, the brand is aimed at the 'funky', 'hip' teenager with pocket money and 'an edge'. Back in the days when I was a teenager (god do I sound old), I didn't have the money or the...well money really.

So 10 years on, with cash in hand (ok, fine, I admit it...a credit card limit), I found myself looking at half price Lip Gunk and contemplating whether this was a much greater deal than 10 years back.

WHAT IT SAYS ON THE BOX
"The richest, shiniest, sexiest stuff for your lips. Some glitter, most shimmer, and a few sparkle. From intense to sheer, Lip Gunk tastes and smells scrumptious. Treat yourself to a few yummy flavours, then share the love with a friend..."

MY INTERPRETATION
Too much glitter.
Packaging very 10 years ago.
Surely a lip gloss shouldn't smell AND taste like strawberry bubble gum.
Are they trying to tell us to go snog people???

THE STUFF
Lip Gunk is the name of Urban Decay's collection of lip glosses. All in shimmery girly colours, it brings to mind images of sideways ponytails and velor tracksuits. Gunk is quite a close description of the consistency of the product, gooey to the limit I had to drag the application wand out of the tube. Then I was hit with the super sweet smell. I think the brand is changing stock because quite a lot of their range was reduced.

AVAILABLE 2006 Colours:
1.Asphyxia: bright, sheer pink with a blue sheen (cotton candy)
[No Longer available]
2.Biker: glimmering, pale taupe (sour black raspberry)
3.Burn Out: iridescent golden rose (vanilla apricot)
4.Cherry: adds a pink sheen to lips (cherry lemonade)
5.Kiss: vinyl red with a touch of red glitter (cherry coke)
6.Midnight Cowboy: slightly metallic, glossy beige (orange mandarin)
7.Shifty: sheer, golden bronze (mocha coconut coffee)
8.Shotgun: shiny, frosty soft mauve (sour grape)
9.SWF: transparent pink with sparkles (strawberry)
10.Wallflower: neutral pink shade (cinnamon bun)

IMPRESSION
-They were ALL really sweet smelling and tasting, and that is just wrong for me. This is make-up not cake.
-A lot of them have a very similar finish as well; Cherry, SWF and Wallflower were hardly distinguishable unless you smeared layers of the goo onto yourself.
-The packaging... seriously am not a big fan of the frosted packaging.
-Wearability- it does last pretty long, unless the yumminess makes you eat it all.
-Look- very disco.

A 2006 Product?
Urban Decay advertise themselves as an environment friendly company (no animal testing etc) but for a lip gloss, if you are after a girly, easy to use item, this is it. If you want something more grown up, may I recommend MAC Lipglass.

• hils53 published 10/03/2007
    A nice read
  • HotBabes published 03/04/2006
    This would be no good for me, I'd keep licking it off if it tastes good! x x
  • Moogiekupo published 03/04/2006