Usborne Touchy Feely: That's Not My Angel - Fiona Watt

Usborne Touchy Feely: That's Not My Angel - Fiona Watt

Review of "Usborne Touchy Feely: That's Not My Angel - Fiona Watt"

published 17/12/2011 | mrbing10
Member since : 21/07/2009
I'm Mr B, married to Mrs B we have two Little B's. I live in Cheshire, I work in finance, I like cheese
Pro Basic, colourful, interactive
Cons none
Would you read it again?
Story
Characters
Readability
How does it compare to similar books?

"A book for your little angel"

I love reading bed time stories to Little B and this book is one which we often read before bed time. Now that it is nearly Christmas we are reading it a bit more often too!

Little B loves books of all kinds but her favourite of all are books which are interactive, She loves being able to interact with a book, it is juts so much more enjoyable for her and brings the story to life. This book is part of a series of books which are interactive because they are 'touchy feely'. We have several on Little B's bookshelf.

This book is a festive one as it's all about an angel from the top of a Christmas tree. On each page of the book there is a different angel which has part of her body made up with a touchy feely part and words describing it. Children can then feel the body part and understand the sensation they have due to the adjective used to describe it such as 'fuzzy', 'scaly' 'soft' and so forth.

The book tells of 'that's not my angel...' and explains why. Each angel is different until at the end it is announced 'that's my angel!'

The pictures are very bold and clear with just simple colours and very little else. In the background of some pages are some Christmassy patterns like stars and snowflakes but that is all and that works really well as children can then just focus on the main character which is the angel.

Also on each page is a little mouse. This appears everywhere and adds an extra prt to the book- we spend time trying to spot where the mouse is on each page and this is very fun for Little B!

We have several of these books now and they have lasted a long time and still remain in very good condition. They are made from a thick board so they are substantial. Little B has drawn on a few but aside from that they are perfectly fine. They are thick so babies can't scrunch up the pages or rip them. This makes the book quite heavy, I know when Little B was younger she'd often drop it and we did have a few tears from time to time but by the time she was about a year old she was able to hold the book for herself without any assistance.

The book is written by Fiona Watt and published by Usborne. It sells for around £5. Also in the series are many other books including:
  • That's not my tractor
  • That's not my car
  • That's not my teddy
  • That's not my puppy

and several others too. They are an ideal book for a very young child. We have given a few as gifts before so if you are looking for a Christmas present still then this is a good idea! Little B loves feeling the interactive parts and looking for the mouse. It's a simple layout so easy for young children to be able to concentrate on and follow.

• chrisandmark_is_here published 17/12/2011
    That looks so sweet! x

offers "Usborne Touchy Feely: That's Not My Angel - Fiona Watt"