VISA Electron

VISA Electron

Review of "VISA Electron"

published 23/03/2001 | fred123
Member since : 04/08/2000
Satisfactory
Pro Some larger stores take it, checks balance immediately
Cons Nowhere takes it!!
Competitiveness of APR
Product package
Quality of Customer Service
Reward Scheme
Additional Charges

"Electron Card Needs Accepting"

When I got my Visa Electron card (quite a battle in itself) I was hoping that it would mean that I could use it in shops and online.

Unfortunately though it has turned out that hardly anywhere takes it and as such it is no use other than the same as my previous card - to withdraw money from the cash point. So, it is a little disappoiting. I think that the idea of the card is great - there is no chance of overspending because your balance is automatically checked. The problem is that not enough people take it.

If more shops took it (like Safeway, Co-Op and other big supermarkets do) and more restaurants took it (like some pubs I know do) and if it could be used online, then it would be really great. Until then it certainly has its limitations because if you don't know that you will be able to use it then you are not able to rely on it, and that renders it almost useless.

• NotChardonnay published 09/07/2004
    Quite right, outlets, especially those aimed at young persons, should accept visa electron
  • blurbubble published 23/03/2001
    I have similar problems (but not to the same extent) with my "Solo" debit card - Tesco's will accept it but Sainsbury's don't?! Strange!
  • RobinLawrie published 23/03/2001
    I have found exactly the same problems myself

Product Information : VISA Electron