VISA

VISA

Review of "VISA"

published 27/07/2000 | Bubba77
Member since : 24/07/2000
Pro Good rates, take it abroad
Cons Not that good in out of the way places

"Use it abroad"

I've just come back from holiday and the experience has reaffirmed one particular conviction of mine regarding getting cash abroad. I went to Aegina, a small island near Athens with one large town and a number of coastal villages and all I took was my VISA. No travellers cheques or cash, just VISA - and it was fine. I used ATMs when they were available and paid for all my meals with the card and although I didn't use my card there, there were plenty of Beuareau de Change's which would give out money on VISA credit.
VISA have better rates than travellers cheques and you don't get charges commission at both ends. On top of this you only have to carry an easily concealable little card and if its stolen most issuers will send you a new one.

• BeliSini published 26/07/2003
    That was a good tip. I will make sure I bring along my Visa to wherever I go. I wonder the same goes with MasterCard.

Product Information : VISA