VISA

Review of "VISA"

published 16/09/2000 | sharonB
Member since : 16/08/2000
Pro none
Cons You cant use the damn thing

"Visa ELECTRON...not worth the plastic its made of..."

I was recently issued a visa Electron debit card by LlotdsTSB, great I thought at last I can use a card and not worry about carrying cash around with me and as it is a debit card and as the info that came with the card says your account balance is checked everytime you use it then there is no chance to over spend ...even better.

I was wrong I've had the damn card a few weeks now and ive yet to find a retailer that actually taked the thing ,oh everyone takes Switch ,Delta and a few even take Solo but I'll be dammned if I can find anyone that will accet this, its so inconvenient ,what do the retailers have against it.

You really would have thought that a big name like'visa' would be more recognisable wouldn't you .

Its just a waste of plastic and paper. If your bank offers you one then forget it ,its not worth it hold out for a switch card.

• tnet9202 published 16/07/2005
    There is a seperate review for Visa electron - just type it in the search. Visa and Visa electron are completely different, one being used for young people and the other (in the UK for definite) is for over 18's by law.
  • Kagomesama published 24/09/2004
    I see the date when you've recorded this review, so my comment is not addressed mainly to you, but to jetaway, one of the users who has commented to your review. jetaway, are you sure that the Visa Electrons aren't accepted on the web? I don't know about British Visa Electron, for I have yet to own one, but I own an Italian Visa Electron, and I suppose it's the same. I have found only *ONE* place where Visa Electron is not accepted on the Internet. I have paid with my Visa Electron for my website's domains and bill, I have bought stuff at e-bay, at Amazon.co.uk, and everywhere I wanted. The only place that didn't accept Visa Electron to me was the "National Express" coaches' website. I wanted to use a funfare but they said in the site that I couldn't pay through Visa Electron because the cardholder had to sign the receipt directly, which thing is very weird because everywhere else I have used the card as if it were a Visa credit card. Anyway, I really don't know about British Visa Electrons, I want to get one because I can't transfer funds from my Lloyds TSB's account to my Italian debit card, sadly. But I think all Visa Electrons are the same . . . or not?
  • jetaway published 08/06/2004
    I have had a visa electron card for 4 years and the only place I find I can't really use it is Sainsbury's petrol station. Everywhere else really seems to accept it apart from Debenhams. Boots have recently accepted it. I have no problem in using it in Barcelona or Madrid and to my amazement I went to New York last week and my visa electron debit card worked in Macy's department - some may say it would have been better if it hadn't!!! Can't use it on line but not a huge problem, use credit card.

offers "VISA"