Musical - For ages: 12 Months +

Review of "VTech Baby Sit to Stand Music Centre"

published 12/10/2017 | angelboouk123
Member since : 01/06/2010
Busy working Mum to two boys and married to the love of my life <3
Pro good value, fun, colourful, my son loves it, doesn't drain batteries
Cons annoying voice, could topple if too much force is used
Educational Value

"Sing and dance with VTech.."

Sit to Stand Music Centre

• Manufacturer - VTech
  • Age recommendation - 12-36months
  • Product height - Approx 62x66x56cm (at tallest and widest section)

There a few different variations of this music centre available to purchase but we own the design in the picture albeit in slightly different colours.

This toy offers a multi-purpose play experience for inquisitive babies and toddlers. It requires adult assembly which involves inserting three screws in to the body of the toy and slotting it all together. Batteries are also required (3xAA). VTech advise that this toy offers children the opportunity to sing and dance to music as well as being able to try out instruments and learn about animals and colours.

A one year product warranty is included with this toy. This toy retails at £29.99 on Amazon UK.

Our Thoughts

My son loves anything noisy and brightly coloured so when I spotted this in my local Tesco store, I knew I had to buy it for his 1st birthday. He was delighted to receive this toy and it is normally the first toy he goes to when he is playing in our living room. He is now 16months old.

This music centre for fairly easy to put together. The assembly instruction booklet is easy to follow thanks to pictorial and written instructions. It didn't take very long for us to slot it all together (the same cannot be said for the trike which is still in pieces in our cupboard as no one can figure out how to build it) so this is a definite plus point for us. Once built, this music centre is eyecatching as it is very bright and colourful. It has a decent weight to it and is made from sturdy, moulded plastic. It is shaped like a tripod at the base and the wide gaps between the feet allow it to sit flatly on the floor. Although it is sturdy, if a child was to put excess pressure on it, it may move or topple but so far we haven't had any issues despite my son being rather heavy handed.

This music centre can be adjusted depending on the age and developmental stage of your child. The activity panel can be removed (requires adult intervention) in order for it to be played with on the floor or taken to a family members home but we rarely do this. The height of the music centre can be adjusted by pulling the activity panel upwards (my son hasn't worked out how to do this himself yet but some children may be able to independently) but adult assistance is required to reduce the height of the music centre, It can be adjusted to three different levels. The lowest level is fine for a young child kneeling or sitting. My son favours the middle level as he is quite small for his age. Taller or older children would benefit from this toy being adjusted to the highest level.

My son enjoys exploring the different features of this music centre. It has an on/off and volume control button. It is frequently played with in our home and we have only had to replace the batteries (cheap pound store ones) once since June which is quite good in my opinion. The activity panel is where all the action is at. My son prefers the volume to be on the highest setting and he loves singing and dancing. There is a little handle for him to hold on and he is able to comfortably stand between the legs of the toy and dance his little legs off.

This music centre features a voice changing microphone which can be moved around and adjusted. My son loves shouting in to it and generally shouts and sings about his Daddy which is very cute. There is a little dial which can be turned around to change the users voice to sound like a robot or have a high pitched voice. There are three, easy to press musical instruments (a saxophone, a guitar and a drum) which once pressed, the name of the instrument is announced as well as the sound that it makes.

Other features include various melodies including 'do re mi' and 'Old MacDonald'. A full list of melodies and sing alone tunes is included in the instruction manual. The keyboard features chunky keys with LED lights which shine brightly. In one mode, five different colours are named. If the toy remains untouched, it will flash in to action and tunes will blare out to encourage your child to come back and play again. My son loves making up his own random little tunes with the keyboard. The melodies are short and the squeaky girls voice does become a little irritating after a while but who am I to complain when my son enjoys playing?

Final Thoughts

I feel this toy is worth the £29.99 cost. There is a selection of features to engage a young child. It is well designed but as with any toy, care should be taken to ensure the music centre isn't toppled over. We normally have ours against a wall or hard surface and our son is always supervised whilst playing. This music centre grows with young children and I can see my son still making use out of it for quite a while to come. It does look like a proper little music stand but in a smaller scale. It encourages child to respond to music and lights, cause and effect and motor skills. This music centre can be wiped over with a damp cloth.

We can recommend this music centre.

Thanks for reading :)

• danielclark691 published 17/10/2017
    Good review
  • siberian-queen published 15/10/2017
    nice
  • catsholiday published 14/10/2017
    Nice to see you back Laura

offers "VTech Baby Sit to Stand Music Centre"