VTech Musical Tambourine

VTech Musical Tambourine

Review of "VTech Musical Tambourine"

published 19/07/2012 | jo_field26
Member since : 16/02/2008
Hi i also write on dooyoo under 1983home
Pro great fun
Cons loud and annoying
Educational Value

"shake shake shake"

For those of you that have not read the past few toy reviews I have written my sister and nephew lives with me and my home is surrounded by toys, so I will be reviewing then as I go along,

The next toy that I am reviewing is the Vtech musical tambourine, this has to be one of the more annoying toys that my nephew has and first thing in the morning when he is awake hearing “shake shake the tambourine music is such fun” along with “shake shake shake” or counting and banging over and over again can be slightly annoying.

The tambourine is an orange tambourine with three coloured plastic symbols that have three sections with lights that also flash as you shake the tambourine. It plays phrases, songs and melodies. The tambourine has an off button along with that you can also adjust the volume to suit there is a loud setting and a quieter setting. This takes 2 AAA batteries and the great new is that when this toy arrived it came with the batteries in making it ready to use as soon as you take it out of the box.

The sound is created when baby presses the star button on the side of the tambourine and whilst playing the three lights flash to the music. It doesn’t just sing and play music it also introduces number to your child, as they enjoy shaking it along to the music, there is a handle that is great and designed for your child to hold the tambourine with ease.

This for a not a toy for young babies my nephew really started enjoying the flashing lights and music at around 6 months old, we tried it when he was younger and the loud noise just startled him.

This was a gift but in looking around online this tambourine can retail from £6 to £10, which I think is a great price. If you are looking for a quiet toy to take on holiday or to give to your child on the plane to amuse them this is not the ideal toy to purchase. It can becoming slightly annoying to adults ears which is a shame as I can see how much fun my nephew has playing with it.

Due to this being annoying I would give it three stars, but I think my nephew would disagree and give it five.

Product Information : VTech Musical Tambourine

Shake to the beat with the Musical Tambourine. Learn 1-2-3 and listen to fun tunes by pressing the big star shaped button and shaking the tambourine! There are three colourful lights that will flash along to the sounds and melodies, and tambourine pieces that make shaking even more fun. There is also a cute birdie on the large and easy to grasp handle that makes this tambourine even more appealing to your baby.

Long Name: Musical Tambourine