VTech Pink Soft Singing Phone

VTech Pink Soft Singing Phone

Review of "VTech Pink Soft Singing Phone"

published 11/05/2012 | Spottydog11
Member since : 07/09/2007
Reviews : 1977
Pro Lots of different aspects to the buttons
Cons Not a real phone
Educational Value

"Soft singing phone"

My little girl is absolutely obsessed with my mobile phone and has been ever since I can remember. I don't know what it is about phones but just about every kid I know loves them. There are lots of mobile phone toys that you can buy on the market today and at £9.99 I thought this was an ok price for one and it did not have too many annoying buttons on it like other phones have.

This phone is called a soft phone as it has a soft material on the back of the phone and then just plastic on the front of the phone. The soft backing is purple and has musical notes as the pattern on it and then there is also a soft little yellow antenna at the top to make it look more like a phone. Obviously this toy does not look like the iPhone I have but it looks enough like a phone that I thought it was worth buying to try and entice my little girl away from my phone.

On the front there is a little mirror, not too sure why this is on a phone but I know my little girl likes to look in it and I ask her, "who's that," and she says, "me!" Around the mirror are some little beads in a tube which make the phone jiggle a bit when you move it around so it almost makes this toy a bit like a rattle. What I like about it is that it has a velcro strap at the top so you can hang it over a car seat bar or a pram bar and have it dangle in a little ones face so they can play with it without losing it although to be honest we don't really hang it from anywhere, we just use it like a phone. My little girl will put this to her ear to pretend she is making a call although I think in all honesty she prefers the actually telephone to this although the buttons have kept her entertained.

There are four buttons on this phone, a 1, 2, 3 and 4. They are four different colours but made of see through plastic as they light up when pressed. The 1 is red, the 2 is purple, the 3 is green and the four is yellow. They are also different shapes as well, square number 1, star number 2, triangle number 3 and circle number 4. I like the fact that these buttons have lots of different learning aspects to them s it makes the phone more fun and having lots of things to do on it. There is also a picture on each button. The number 1 has a cat, the number 2 has a dog, the number 3 has a duck and the number 4 has a rabbit. When you press the button you will here the noise that that animal makes so its a good way to learn about animals too.

The phone also plays well know nursery rhymes such as Twinkle Twinkle, Row Row Row your boat etc and the lights on the buttons carry on lighting up when the song is played. Its fun to sing along with these and the songs will get into your head if you don't know them already.

Although this will not fool a little kid into thinking they are playing with your mobile phone it is a fun light up, button pressing, singing toy.

• catsholiday published 12/05/2012
    How does your child react when playing with it - popular or not?