Review of "V-Fit Herculean LAY FLAT Home Gym"

published 29/04/2011 | l500589
Member since : 02/08/2009
Hi all, Thanks for reading my review. My name is Mark, and Im from Stoke-On-Trent, I have just joined up to this site today (02.08.2009), so still finding my way around. It looks very good from what I have seen so far.
Pro Great workout and resistance
Cons A bit wobbly when using the VKR

"V-Fit Herculean Home Cross Trainer."

This review is about my experience of the V-Fit Herculean Home Cross Trainer.
I purchased this Home gym in 2004 from argos at a price of £297, and I have found it to be very useful. The reason I purchased it, was that I was becoming annoyed at paying £30+ a month in gym memberships, and the time travelling to and from the gym each time, meant that it was hard to find the time to go. My thought was that for the price of 10 months gym subscription I could buy my own gym, which I could sell a few years later for a reasonable sum of money if I wasn't using it enough. I keep it in the garage, and use it about once a week on average, and Im pleased to report that I have not really had any problems with it. The resistance is really good, and although I have used gyms regularly all my life, Im generally only able to set the resitance at about 50% of the full available resistance, giving plenty of scope to gradually move up to higher resistance if required.

This is a general desription of the gym:
  • Heavy duty, compact, 3-station seated home gym.
  • Deep padded seat and backrest (This has ripped slightly, but has had a lot of use, and I would think its fairly easy to have it recovered) and high density foam pads and grips.
  • Combined, seated bench press and pec-dec arms for upper body strength exercises.
  • Dual function leg unit, providing for both leg extension and back leg curl exercises.
  • Low pulley for rowing and biceps curls.
  • Lat pull-down station for upper back and shoulder exercises.
  • No cable changes required.
  • For cardiovascular and targeted abdominal exercise there is a three-position adjustable independent action aerobic stepper and a vertical knee raise station (VKR).
  • This cross-trainer can provide up to a maximum of 90kg resistance on the bench press station.

I had the gym delivered to my home address, and remember that it took me about 2 days to assemble it all correctly. Its one of those items that it is well worth taking half an hour out to read the instructions fully before starting to assemble! It fits into my small single garage easily, and I enjoy using it. I think there was a maximum user weight of approx 200kg, and suspect this is in place mainly for the use of the VKR, as the frame can become a bit wobbly when using it.

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 27/11/2016