Vanquis Credit Card

Vanquis Credit Card

Review of "Vanquis Credit Card"

published 09/10/2010 | NEET6382
Member since : 09/10/2010
Pro Easy application process and poor credit accepted as standard
Cons High APR
Competitiveness of APR
Product package
Quality of Customer Service
Reward Scheme
Additional Charges

"Vanquis Credit Card Does what it says"

I applied for a Vanquis Card in December 2009 and at the time had a few defaults and CCJ's registered against me. I applied for the card as I wanted to build my credit back up, plain and simple.

After sending off proof of my identity in a pre-paid envelope they provided I received my card at the beginning of January 2010 with a credit limit of £250.

I used the card to pay for my normal everyday stuff that Ii would spend anyway and every month I would repay the balance in full. This has cost me NOTHING extra other than what I have spent... Basically a 0% Interest rate!!!!

In July 2010 I received a text message on my mobile and a letter in the post confirming my new Credit limit of £1,000. I didn't ask for this increase (You can't ask anyway), but I was pleasantly suprised since my defaults and CCJ's wont expire until 2013.

I still use the card every month and I only spend what I can comfortably afford to pay back. This means I still pay 0% on my card since January 2010.

I think their customer service is excellent but it does take a while to get through. The payment via debit card using automated systems is quick and usually authorises within seconds. Overall I am really grateful for the card as it helps to improve my credit and doesn't cost me a penny to do it!!

I would not like to pay the 34.9% interest charges if I didn't pay my balance in full each month though. I don't care about rewards or anything like that at present. I am a sub-prime borrower and I am just grateful Vanquis have given me the opportunity to rebuild my credit file when so many others would not.

Product Information : Vanquis Credit Card