Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips

Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips

Review of "Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips"

published 24/01/2011 | jimmychoogirl
Member since : 31/10/2010
thanks so much for all the reads/rates/comments, I'll always do my best to return! :) x
Good
Pro makes lip softer and smoother
Cons needs to be reapplied, not THAT effective, not 'rosy' as such
Absorbency
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"Nothing rosy about this...."

Vaseline is a brand that is recognised by many and used to be only available for sale in those tubs which were impractical for travelling with, until a few years ago (was quite a while ago) when the little round tins became available.
There are 5 flavours / different styles that I am aware of now, them being; Original
(blue and white tin), Aloe Vera (green and white tin), SPF 15 (yellow and white), Coco butter (brown and white) and finally the Rose and Almond Oil (pink and white.)

This particular one is the Rose and Almond Oil, also known as the 'Rosy Lips' one. It is available in most supermarkets, as well as the likes of Boots and Superdrug and costs between 99p and £1.39.

To remove the lid I have to use a mixture or twist and pull and personally, as simple as they might sound to remove, I find the lid on this tin a little hard to remove. It closes very tightly around the tub, which is a good thing as it means there is no chance of it opening in your bag, however, I think it could be a little looser in order to remove the lid easier. It is also practically impossible to remove if you have just applied hand cream or moisturiser as your hands slide around it.

The Vaseline has the gel like substance that they all have, however, this is a red / pink in colour compared to the likes of the original Vaseline. To apply I use my finger as it is the quickest and easiest way to do so. It has quite a silky texture, however it does also feel a little greasy and does seem quite thick.
When applying it on my lips I do not think it feels particularly moisturising, though it does make them feel silkier and smoother. It does not feel greasy on the lips, though only a thin layer is needed as if too much is applied I find it does start to become a little greasy and a little thick on the lips.

It claims to gently tint lips and I suppose it is meant to tint them a rosy colour due to it being called 'Rosy Lips'. I have quite pink lips naturally and could not really see much difference, it just made my lips look a little shinier and smoother. There was probably a little change in colour due to them looking a little redder, however, it is very subtle and not as much as I was expecting, but I think the colour tint would be more noticeable on someone with more nude colour lips.

The Vaseline lasted an hour or so before I needed to reapply and did absorb into my lips quite quickly. I would have liked it to have lasted a little longer due to the fact I am quite lazy and don't like to have to continually reapply things.

Overtime my lips did feel softer and smoother and less dry, though it was nothing miraculous. I don't have what I'd class as cracked lips, but from time to time they do become a little cracked in the corners and the Vaseline did not really manage to help this in anyway. Despite this my lips were left silkier and softer which is nice, but it was nothing that any other brand wouldn't do.
Overall I don't think I'd buy this item again, as although it worked perfectly fine, it was just not what I was particularly looking for and I much prefer Carmex as it works more effectively.

This review is also on dooyoo under the same username.

• pennywa published 24/01/2011
    The lid snaps my nails off xx
  • VampirePrincessLizzy published 24/01/2011
    Handy read ;o)
  • Amy69 published 24/01/2011
    Well written x

offers "Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips"