Review of "Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips"

published 20/02/2012 | lorrainek90
Member since : 17/04/2009
Decided after a well deserved break, to come back to writing for a while! Great to catch up with everyone!
Pro protects my lips from cracking and drying up
Cons sticky and a little messy
Absorbency
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips"

I am always looking for a nice lip balm that will give my lips a little tint and protect them from becoming cracked and dried up, especially in the winter. I like to keep a few good lip treatments in my handbag and make up box as I always seem to misplace them, so I always like to have a back-up-balm.

Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips is basically the same as the original Vaseline, except it is rosy pink in colour and when it is applied to your lips it gives them a little rose tint.

Apply

Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips is quite easy to apply, it comes in a little tub. To apply it you just rub some onto either a small make up brush or your finger and then rub it onto your lips. This lip treatment is quite thick and greasy, so if you put too much of it on at one time, it can leave your lips really sticky which is quite annoying.

It comes in a pot, which is one of my pet peevs for lip balms and treatments, as I find that screw up lip balms are less messy and more convenient to apply, especially if you use your fingers to apply it.

Colour

The rose tint that comes from this lip treatment is quite pretty, it is a nice subtle rosy pink colour that looks nice, I like to wear this lip treatment when I am wearing more neutral colours as it isn’t too vibrant and is suitable for every day wear.

Result

Although this lip treatment can be a little bit messy and sticky when applied, I found that it did protect my lips very well from cracking and drying up. There aren’t any fancy scents or tastes with this lip treatment, but it really did keep my lips very well moisturised and I would definitely buy it again.

I used this lip treatment every day and after about 10 days my lips were in great shape again after being completely dried up and cracked. I was really pleased with the results that I got from Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips and would definitely recommend it to anyone with cracked lips who wants a little tint as well.

Price and Availability
I found that this lip treatment lasted me ages, around 3 months, which was great value for its cheap price, I got a 20g tub for £1.70 in Superdrug, which I think is a very reasonable price.

Overall

This is a great lip treatment and the added lip tint, the tinted colour is really pretty on and although it feels rather sticky and greasy when first applied, it does its job very well. Overall I would give Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips 4 out of 5 stars.