Review of "Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips"

published 01/05/2012 | xsmo
Member since : 08/04/2012
I'm Sophie, a 21 year old student of English and Creative Writing. I love writing (obviously), music and sewing. I hope you like my reviews! Please feel free to send me a nudge if I haven't returned a rating!
Pro Beautiful colour, works well, nice scent
Cons Melts in your pocket/bag
Absorbency
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"MWAH!"

It takes a truely significant brand to become synonomous with the description of the item. If you want to clean your house you'd probably get out a Hoover, not a vaccuum cleaner. If you want to leave a note you'd write it on a Post-It, not a sheet of adhesive paper. Similarly, if you've got dry lips and skin you'd probably not ask your chemist for 'petroleum jelly'... You'd ask for Vaseline.

I've been, however unknowingly, been smothered in Vaseline since I was a baby, and when, over the last winter a severe case of dry, blistered cheeks and lips became increasingly painful, Vaseline was the first product I reached for.

Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips has a delicately sweet scent (no doubt from the rose extracts contained in the recipe) and, with it's pale but striking pink sheen, leaves you ladies with absolutely no necessity to wear lip gloss. (Men, this product may not be for you, but there is a variety in a green topped tin with aloe vera extract. It's not as pungent and is colourless so you get all of the relief with none of the girlish side-effects)

Needless to say, this tried and tested products helped to heal my cracked, sore skin and left my lips kissably soft.

Vaseline lip care has many advantages over other products on the market, too. Another product I tried around the time was Blistex... and it did work, but the nature of the ingredients meant that I was advised to only apply the product 4 times a day. I found that after eating that product had disappeared entirely causing me to worry about what chemicals I'd just swallowed as well as how raw my lips quickly became. With Vaseline, I have no such reservations. You can apply the Lip Therapy as many times you like throughout the day and however liberally you feel is necessary with no severe consequences. (I found that by applying a large amount on and around my mouth overnight I acheived smooth, polished lips by the morning - almost like an intensive moisturising mask for my lips!)

This product is small and compact, which means it fits really easily into a bag or pocket. I did have one problem with putting it my pocket, however. In keeping the tin so close to my skin, I found that after a few hours the jelly melted, making it a little difficult to apply without getting the product all over my fingers and getting too much around my mouth. Another problem is that the tin is not completely stable, and therefore easily bends and crumples if any pressure is applied to the lid or base, i.e. sat on (it's an unpleasant situation to find pink, melted jelly in your back pocket after a bus ride...)

I would easily recommend this product if anyone suffers from dry or chapped lips or even if they were just looking for a light lip gloss. As it is avaliable in most places for under £2, it really is worth every penny.

*This review may also be found under my dooyoo account of the same name.

• Bollinger28 published 01/05/2012
    I always carry of tin of this stuff with me - it's a lifesaver :o)

offers "Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy Lips"