Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera

Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera

Lip Make-up - Lip Care

Review of "Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera"

published 30/03/2010 | Sarahhhx
Member since : 07/07/2007
Pro SAY GOODBYE CHAPPED LIPS
Cons NOTHING
Absorbency
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"GLOSSY LIPS FOR 99P I'D CHOOSE VASELINE OVER A LIP GLOSS ANYDAY!"

For those who have no idea what Vaseline is it is basically a Petroleum jelly tin which aims at keeping lips soft, moisturised and protected from the elements.

Vaseline is packaged in a small tin which is green at the top half and white at the bottom half.
On the top of the tin it states it contains “Aloe Vera” which is used to make lips even softer.
I really like the fact it is in such a small tin as it is so easy to carry around. You can quite easily fit it in your trouser pocket or in a bag so if you have severely dry lips you can top it up throughout the day as it's packaged in such a handy sized tin.

Strangely enough Aloe Vera is now widely used on face tissues, where it is promoted as a moisturiser and/or anti-irritant to reduce chafing of the nose of users who suffer hay-fever or cold.

There is 20g of Vaseline in a tin. A tin lasts about two- three months for me. I don’t always use it every day but I do use it quite often through the week especially in the winter or if I’ve been in a country with a warm climate as in both cases my lips tend to become chapped/ dry.

Vaseline does feel really greasy when you touch it. I often have to wash it off my hands when I apply it to my lips because I hate the greasy feeling on my hands after application.
As soon as you apply Vaseline to dry lips you instantly notice a difference to the texture of your lips, it leaves lips feeling very smooth and soft rather than chapped.

Vaseline can be purchased in most drug stores and sometimes even in clothing shops. Amazon sells Vaseline with aloe Vera for £1.39. However, there are some places that sell it for about 99p such as Body care.

Vaseline should be kept away from the sun or anything that is hot as it can turn into a liquid substance and go everywhere. I would advise if you are in the sun to keep it in a hidden compartment in your bag as it can become very messy once it is heated up.

Vaseline with Aloe Vera guarantees you soft, smooth and conditioned lips if you apply this every day. A week before a special occasion I start to apply this every day so then I know I won’t have chapped lips on the day.
Vaseline has a very subtle smell, it isn’t perfumed it has quite an unusual smell but it isn’t unpleasant.
Vaseline is almost like a clear lip-gloss it makes your lips look very glossy but without paying lots of money for a tube of gloss from one of the leading make-up chains.
Overall, Vaseline with Aloe Vera is definitely an essential. It improves the condition of lips instantly for a very low cost. I would definitely purchase it again.

• clocktower published 31/03/2010
    i always put a little on before my lipstick.
  • manlybeach published 31/03/2010
    I always keep a jar of Vaseline in the bathroom cupboard but I haven't tried this one yet x
  • bexx0907 published 30/03/2010
    I really like this stuff, nice review x