Lip Make-up - Lip Care

Review of "Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera"

published 29/04/2011 | misskw
Member since : 20/03/2011
I am a student from Manchester. I enjoy writing reviews as well as reading other people's reviews. Please visit my blog which sells home made jewellery. Thanks. http://kerry-handmadejewellery.blogspot.com/
Pro Leaves lips soft and smooth, doesn't need to be re applied too often
Cons None for me
Absorbency
Frequency of Reapplication

"Aloe vera vaseline"

Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera

A few years ago, I started to develop a slight addiction to lip balm. Since then, I always have a small tub of lib balm with me. A couple of weeks ago, my lip balm ran out before I had had chance to buy a new one, so I rushed to the bathroom to see if there was anything I could use instead. I found a tub of vaseline, which to be honest I hadn't used in years. I used this instead of lip balm for that day and was surprised how soft it left my lips! I must have used so many different lip balms but vaseline is better than almost all of them for making lips soft. So the next day I went out to buy a small tin of it instead of my usual lip balm. I went for the aloe vera one because it smells better than the original one and aloe vera is known for its healing qualities.

The product comes in a 20g green and white metal tin. The price can vary slightly from place to place but from Boots it costs £1.29 and from Superdrug it costs £1.25. Compared to lip balms i've used of similar sizes, this is great value for money. It is easy to use, the lid pulls easily off the tin and easily goes back on. The lid also never comes off accidentally which is definitely a plus. The tin is filled with smooth yellow petrolum jelly which is easy to apply with your finger. The aloe vera gives it a nice but subtle scent.

Once you apply the vaseline to lips or skin, it lasts a long time so you don't need to re apply for a while. It gives your lips a slight gloss but this is very subtle. I have been using this all winter several times a day and am very happy with it. It always leaves my lips smooth and soft, and they are never chapped or dry. It is a very small tin which can easily fit into my pocket or bag, but on the other hand it is lasting me very well. It was October when I started to use it and now nearing the end of December I still have nearly half of the tin left, so I reckon it will last a good few months even though I apply it every few hours.

Overall, I think that aloe vera vaseline is better than most lip balms and comes at a much cheaper price. I'll probably buy it again and would definitely recommend it.

• JAVER1967 published 30/04/2011