Review of "Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera"

published 05/10/2011 | harveydog52
Member since : 10/05/2006
I am Rufusdog on Dooyoo. Thank you for reading my reviews x
Pro Handy size tin, keeps lips from drying up
Cons None
Absorbency

"Wet Your Lips"

I get really dry skin all year round and this includes my lips, and once the colder weather comes around I find they get even worse. I always have a tin on this Vaseline Lip Therapy in my bag just in case.

You can buy it in Superdrug and it costs £1.25 for the little tin. You can also buy it in a couple of different varieties, you can get an aqua coloured tin which has aloe vera in it, this is the same price as the normal original one, and then you can get a pink coloured tin which contains rose and almond oil. This one is slightly more expensive than the other two at £1.73 a tin. Then there is the brown coloured tin which contains cocoa butter, this is the most expensive of all the varieties and costs £1.93 a tin. They also have a nice larger tin that when you open it you find one each of the smaller tins inside, this is priced at £6.99.

The tin is nice and small, they call it pocket size and it really is just that. You can easily fit it in the bottom of your pocket and it doesn't take up lots of room in you hand bag either, even if you are going out for an evening and have one of those tiny clutch bags, you would still be able to fit this in, in fact I have even just put my tin in my purse before now and it has done up ok.

The tin is easy enough to open when you want to use the vaseline. You just give the lid a slight twist to get it moving and it comes off. It doesn't come off while you have it in your bag though so you shouldn't find a gooey slippery mess in the bottom of your bag.

The vaseline is easy to apply, you need to have a clean finger and then you just dab it in the tin and get a small amount on the tip and then slide your finger across your lips. If you are used to putting lipstick on or something like that then you can just put it on one lip and then munch your lips together to get it to spread over the rest of the skin. You should not put too much on at a time as otherwise you end up with it showing on your lips where as if you put it on correctly you won't really see it on them.

I have tried two of the other flavours before, the aloe vera one and the rose one but I prefer the original one my self. I think it depends on your own taste as to whether you would like the flavoured ones more.

These lip therapies are not just for the ladies, my other half uses one as well as he gets badly dry lips too, more in the winter than in the summer, so he keeps a tin in the glove compartment of his car just in case he needs to use it.

You find that if you wake up with dry lips and they look a bit dry and may be a bit flaky then when you apply the vaseline you need to let it soak into the lips first and then you might need to apply a tiny bit more after, but its best to do it in tiny stages so you are not putting too much on at once.

You can also use the vaseline on other parts of the body as well as lips if you are stuck. I sometimes get a dry bit of skin on the sides of my nose and if I am out and about and notice it getting dry I would use a dab of this just to see me over until I get home and can use my moisturiser.

The tin lasts a long time, even though it is quite a small tin. I find we only buy two tins each at the most through out the winter months and this lasts the whole time. I recommend this product if you have dry lips and I would give it 5 stars.

Copied to Dooyoo under username Rufusdog

• LadyValkyrie published 05/10/2011
    I love Vaseline and have an aloe vera one and a rose one at present ready for braving the cold months!
  • jesi published 05/10/2011
    This one IS the aloe vera variety . . . ♥ ~ Jesi ~ ♥
  • TheNuttyTart published 05/10/2011
    Good stuff - both this and your review! :o)