Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera

Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera

Lip Make-up - Lip Care

Review of "Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera"

published 31/01/2012 | PlaysNicelyWithOthers
Member since : 09/02/2011
Hello there! I hope to get around reviewing, reading & commenting as much as possible in 2012 and get to know some of the community, so please feel free to mail me or 'circle' me to say hello! I also post my reviews to DooToo under 'PlaysNicely'!
Pro Easy to use, light and beneficial across a range of health and beauty applications.
Cons None whatsoever!
Absorbency
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"Your lips will thank you for it!"

When I was a little young'un, my Grandma was never seen without her tin of Vaseline which was always close to hand for all manner of household emergencies. Cuts, burns, bites, stings, grazes, you name it, any minor house or garden accident meant a cuddle and a smear from Grandma's 'magic tin', the most amazing cure-all you can imagine!

So, you can understand why she'd be delighted by the fact that I never go anywhere without a little green tin of my own - the Vaseline Lip Therapy Aloe Vera pocket size tin! Of course, Grandma's old tin was big, with white background and red lettering (which became blue in later versions) and the emphasis in those days was on the 'petroleum jelly' aspect of the contents, but although the colour's changed on my tin, the emphasis on the content is still there, but given this time to the special ingredient added to make this petroleum jelly very lip therapeutic indeed - the aloe vera.

That's not the only change - Grandma's tin seemed enormous and endless, whilst mine is a very grab-friendly handbag size (although if you'd ever seen my nan's old handbag - virtually a shopping bag in its own right, you could've rightly put forward the argument that the 1960s Vaseline tin could have comfortably fitted into it)!

However, what hasn't changed is the ease with which the tin can be opened, just a twist and the lid's off, jelly ready to use. This aloe vera enriched jelly has a slightly herby scent, courtesy of the special ingredient but has no real taste, giving instead just a slightly-greasy feeling layer to your lips.

Now the therapeutic benefits of aloe vera are well known, so I won't wax lyrical about that, but what I will say is that if you suffer with sore, dry lips, particularly over the winter, then this green tin, aloe vera version is the one for you. Of course the hand-bag blue tin version will of course be better protection for your lips than nothing, but this aloe vera one really hits the spot: it's like giving parched lips a special soak of their own. Hence why I'm never without mine! And of course, if you have small children, having one of these in your bag means you are also never without a 'first aid' remedy, should one be needed!

Lastly of course, this lip therapy Vaseline not only does what it says on the tin in terms of lip protection and repair, but it's also a beauty product in its own right - less sticky than lip gloss, gives iust a hint of sheen to enhance your natural lip colour, or indeed to add a slick of shine to a weary (or dry) lipstick.

So, in all I'm pretty sure my Grandma would be proud that her 'magic tin' is still offering its therapy all of these years later - there's not many makes that have lasted as long without rebranding to the point of over-branding and 'loss' of the original product (I'm thinking of her old Oil of Ulay here, my Grandma's only other concession to the beauty industry), so well done to Vaseline for bringing my childhood's household stalwart into the 21st century, with not just the hint of aloe vera, but also with the hint of my Grandma too!
Summary: One of your handbag's top ten must-haves!

• chrisandmark_is_here published 31/01/2012
    Handbags are huge now too! lol x
  • Spottydog11 published 31/01/2012
    This is my favourite variety of vaseline x

offers "Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera"