Review of "Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera"

published 11/07/2012 | daisyleex
Member since : 24/05/2011
Pro Affordable, effecient, cute packaging, smell
Cons None
Absorbency
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera"

When it comes to the little tins of Vaseline in the Lip Therapy range I think I'm slightly obsessed! I've got almost every 'flavour' and I usually pick a new one up when I'm in Superdrug or Boots. This one, the aloe vera vaseline is the latest addition to my collection and I bought it last week from Superdrug.

Although it didn't particullary appeal to me as I've never been keen on the smell of aloe vera, I decided to try it anyway as I already have all of the other 'flavours' and I thought it'd be silly having two of the same product. I paid £1.79 for the 20 gram tin of vaseline, which I think is a reasonable price, although it does work out cheaper to buy a big tub of vaseline. In my opinion though, the adorable little retro tin is worth that bit extra because it's cute and obviously pocket sized, so it's compact enough to pop in my clutch or hand bag.

This 'flavour' of Vaseline has a green and white colourscheme on the tin. The tin is round and it's made of a thin metal. The lid of the tin has the brand and product name written on it, along with 'pocket size' written on the bottom. The lid is quite hard to prise off and I usually resort to using my nails, although after it's been opened a few times, it does loosen up enough to not to be so awkward to open! I suppose that in a way it is good that the lid is so secure though because the lid won't fall off when it's in my bag.

Once open, the off-white vaseline can be seen. The tin is filled all the way up to the brim with the vaseline, so you do get quite a lot of product for the price and a little goes away - I only need a tiny amount to cover my lips so a tin will last me for at least a month with daily use. The vaseline is easy to apply and I usually apply it with my fingers, although one of my friends applys hers with cotton buds, which I find a bit pointless but each to their own lol. I suppose that because of the tin design, it's not very hygienic because I dip my fingers in there everyday, but to be fair I know that I have high hygiene standards so it's not too much of an issue!!

The vaseline is really easy to apply and it glides onto the lips. It's easy to spread over my lips evenly due to the smoothe consistency, although it is important not to apply too much or else it goes blobby and greasy. With a small amount though, the vaseline leaves the lips feeling moistursed, soft and smoothe. The Vaseline sinks into the lips within a matter of minutes, leaving behind a slight, subtle shine. Vaseline is especially handy in cold and windy weather as it prevents the lips from becoming dry and cracked.

This vaseline is just as effective as all of the other 'flavours' and it smells just as nice, too. The smell is very sweet and fresh and it doesn't smell much like aloe vera at all in my opinion. The smell doesn't linger after aplication and on the occasions that I've tasted this by accident, it hasn't tasted disgusting or anything like that, it is actually quite a sweet taste. Overall, I reccommend this 'flavour' of vaseline - it smells nice and it's very effective as well as affordable. 5/5!