Review of "Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera"

published 27/10/2016 | mummytobe78
Member since : 20/07/2014
Again, apologies for the double review. I go into autopilot and press publish instead of saving it :(
Pro Soft lips. Absorbs quickly.
Cons Tin can be fiddly to open
Absorbency
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"Vaseline with aloe vera"

I have recently found myself suffering with very dry lips. This is not something I usually have many problems with and my usual lip balm wasnt really helping them. So I decided to have a look for something else.

My friend, who suffers frequently from dry lips, recommended vaseline lip therapy.

I bought mine in Tesco where I paid £1.50 for a small 20g tin. The had vaseline originalin a blue tin, vaseline rosy lips in a pink tin, vaseline cocoa butter in the red tin and aloe vera in green tin. I opted for aloe vera because of the healing properties and my lips were painful at the time.

A look on the internet tells me the lip therapy is designed to soften and soothe, helping to repair your lips.

The product comes in a small metal tin and when you remove the lid the vaseline is packed tightly into the tin. I find the lid quite hard to get off. I need to hold the bottom of the tin and twost the lid with my other hand. Even then it is still sometimes difficult to get off. I have seen people open the lid of these tins very easily using only one hand, so either I am just a bit useless or I managed to pick up a dodgy tin!

There is a smell of aloe vera from the lip balm but it is extremely faint and I had to put the tin right to my nose to detect any scent.

When you first open the tin you find it is full to the top of the petroleum jelly which looks very smooth and has a yellow sort of tint to it.

You apply this simply by putting some on your finger and smoothing onto your lips. I use my pinkie to apply this and find it only takesa tiny amount to cover my lips.

When I first apply this it does feel slightly greasy but this feeling disappears within a couple of seconds. However it is very easy to apply more than you need. If you do apply too much it doesnt soak in well and I need to blot with a tissue to get rid of the excess.

After I use this my lips feel very soft and stay that way for a couple of hours before I reapply. My lips were very dry and cracked and it did heal them within a couple of days of regular use.

I have been using my tin for around 2 months and am not even halfway through it so it does last a long time offering good value for money.

I will definitely contine to buy and use this and I feel it works better than much more expensive balms.

• IzzyS published 31/10/2016