Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera

Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera

Lip Make-up - Lip Care

Review of "Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera"

published 20/02/2017 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro soothes chapped/dry lips, easy to apply, kind to lips
Cons can be a little greasy, have to apply it with finger, I hate the smell of it!
Absorbency
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Like The Smell?"

The Product
= = = = = =
I am reviewing the Vaseline Aloe Vera Lip Therapy which I have been using over the past couple of weeks. Recently I managed to catch a nasty cold and due to blowing my nose all the time and from sneezing; despite using balsam tissues my nose started to become rather red and sore quite quickly. My top lips also became slightly sore and chapped as well. I normally use a lip balm on my lips every night (not Vaseline brand) but I wanted something a little more moisturising so decided to purchase this Vaseline Aloe Vera Lip Therapy tin. I actually intended on using this on my nose and also on my lips to try and keep them moisturised and hopefully to help stop them feeling and looking so red and sore. I have used the original Vaseline Lip Therapy before but decided to go for this one as the Aloe Vera makes it extra soothing and also helps to add extra hydration to dry lips. The Vaseline come in a round tin which is white and green in colour. It states on the front what the product is. The tin can easily fit into a small bag or pocket so you can take the tin with you wherever you go and apply it when needed.

Price/Availability
= = = = = = = =
For a 20g tin of the Vaseline it’ll cost you around £1.89 from Superdrug. You can also purchase this from Boots, Supermarkets and some pharmacies although prices may vary.

Using the Product
= = = = = = = = =
The Vaseline tin is easy to open and once opened this reveals the Vaseline. This particular Vaseline has a slight smell to it whereas the original one doesn’t. When applying the Vaseline I always wash my hands as you need to apply this product with a finger. After washing my hands, I gently circle my finger over the top of the Vaseline a few times and I then smooth this over my lips. The Vaseline doesn’t feel that greasy when applying it although once it has been applied to the lips it then does feel slightly greasy but this doesn’t bother me as I always apply it before going to bed anyway. If I use this Vaseline on my nose, I will use a different finger and them circle it over the top of the Vaseline again and then gently apply it to my nose. I ensure that I don’t use the same finger to get more Vaseline again, if I do need to apply anymore. When applying the Vaseline to my lips it does seem to soothe them straight away and it does actually soothe the soreness around my nose as well.

Results
= = =
The first night I applied the Vaseline to my lips and bottom of my nose, the following morning when I woke up both weren’t feeling as sore. I have to admit that I think I would rather use the original Vaseline on my nose as when I apply this to the bottom of my nose I do end up smelling it all day which I don’t really like but as I didn’t have any normal Vaseline I continued to apply it to my nose and lips. Within two days my lips were feeling and looking better and my nose was as well, despite still having to blow my nose every now and again. I don’t personally use the Vaseline during the day as I do find it a little too greasy which is why I prefer using it at night as this also gives time for the product to sink in.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = =
This is the first time I have used the Vaseline with Aloe Vera and although it’s a really good product and does help to soothe my lips and helps with sore and dry lips I am not too keen on the scent of the product. Even when I don’t apply the product to the bottom of my nose I can still smell the product and it can be a little bit too strong for my liking. I can’t really describe the smell of it. The Vaseline has definitely helped to soothe my lips and the dry skin around my nose and if I hadn’t of been using this product, I think my nose and lips would still be very dry and sore by now. I do only apply this product after I have washed my hands due to the fact you have to use your fingers to apply it with. In terms of value, I think the product is very reasonable and it does help soothe cracked, dry lips like it claims. I will continue to use this Vaseline for my lips, but I may go and purchase some of the original Vaseline for my nose.

• mousy86 published 23/02/2017
    Great review. I am using the pink one x
  • euphie published 23/02/2017
    vh :o)
  • BlurredLines published 22/02/2017
    vh

offers "Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera"

Product Information : Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera

Lip Make-up - Lip Care

Long Name: Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera, Petroleum Jelly Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera

Type: Lip Make-up

Genre: Lip Care

Manufacturer: Vaseline

Listed on Ciao since: 09/06/2004

Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera - Review - Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Like The Smell?

kiss_me20... 4

kiss_me2070

About me: A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)

Member since:11.02.2004

Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Like The Smell?

20.02.2017

Advantages:
soothes chapped/dry lips, easy to apply, kind to lips

Disadvantages:
can be a little greasy, have to apply it with finger, I hate the smell of it !

Gloss?

3. BlurredLines

The Product

Price/Availability
= = = = = = = =
For a 20g tin of the Vaseline itll cost you around 1.89 from Superdrug. You can also purchase this from Boots, Supermarkets and some pharmacies although prices may vary.

Using the Product
= = = = = = = = =
The Vaseline tin is easy to open and once opened this reveals the Vaseline. This particular Vaseline has a slight smell to it whereas the original one doesnt. When applying the Vaseline I always wash my hands as you need to apply this product with a finger. After washing my hands, I gently circle my finger over the top of the Vaseline a few times and I then smooth this over my lips. The Vaseline doesnt feel that greasy when applying it although once it has been applied to the lips it then does feel slightly greasy but this doesnt bother me as I always apply it before going to bed anyway. If I use this Vaseline on my nose, I will use a different finger and them circle it over the top of the Vaseline again and then gently apply it to my nose. I ensure that I dont use the same finger to get more Vaseline again, if I do need to apply anymore. When applying the Vaseline to my lips it does seem to soothe them straight away and it does actually soothe the soreness around my nose as well.

Results
= = =
The first night I applied the Vaseline to my lips and bottom of my nose, the following morning when I woke up both werent feeling as sore. I have to admit that I think I would rather use the original Vaseline on my nose as when I apply this to the bottom of my nose I do end up smelling it all day which I dont really like but as I didnt have any normal Vaseline I continued to apply it to my nose and lips. Within two days my lips were feeling and looking better and my nose was as well, despite still having to blow my nose every now and again. I dont personally use the Vaseline during the day as I do find it a little too greasy which is why I prefer using it at night as this also gives time for the product to sink in.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = =
This is the first time I have used the Vaseline with Aloe Vera and although its a really good product and does help to soothe my lips and helps with sore and dry lips I am not too keen on the scent of the product. Even when I dont apply the product to the bottom of my nose I can still smell the product and it can be a little bit too strong for my liking. I cant really describe the smell of it. The Vaseline has definitely helped to soothe my lips and the dry skin around my nose and if I hadnt of been using this product, I think my nose and lips would still be very dry and sore by now. I do only apply this product after I have washed my hands due to the fact you have to use your fingers to apply it with. In terms of value, I think the product is very reasonable and it does help soothe cracked, dry lips like it claims. I will continue to use this Vaseline for my lips, but I may go and purchase some of the original Vaseline for my nose.

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

mousy86 23.02.2017 19:20