Review of "Vaseline Petroleum Jelly"

published 20/04/2001 | kateteen
Member since : 01/03/2001
Pro Multi use
Cons Very greasy
How easily is it absorbed?

"Looking luscious"

I first tried Vaseline about 3 years ago because it was all over every magazine I was reading (not literally of course) as the best beauty product available.

I considered buying some for ages but eventually I could resist no more. So off I went to my local chemist and bought a HUGE tub of white petroleum jelly(I was told its exactly the same stuff) and I fell in love with it instantly. I just used it on my lips at first and they were lovely and smooth and glossy at the same time. Then I started to wonder what else I could use it for (stop giggling you dirty minded people). I started using it on my dry elbows and knees, then to get my eyebrows in shape, and then I started making things with it.

First I tried making tinted lip glosses (get an old lipbalm or other small tub, put a blob of vaseline in, then chop off a little piece of lipstick and stick that in the tub, then put the tub in the microwave and zap it for about a minute. Voila! A cheap new tinted lipgloss!)

Another of my favourite vaseline recipes is body scrub. I don't know what made me think of making that but i did and now i make it all the time. Get a blob of vaseline, throw in some salt or sugar, and maybe a few drops of essential oil if you have it and you get a very cheap and effective exfoliator.

Now in the age of the laptop and TV dinners Vaseline is available in little tins so you can carry it round with you everywhere you go. You can have lucious lips and well groomed eyebrows wherever you may wander.

The only yucky thing about vaseline is that its really greasy. That isn't bad in itself but it makes it hard to absorb. But it also makes it waterproof so its good to put on dry hands before going out in the rain.I use it on my hands before I go to sleep because it softens your hands without wearing off or soaking in.

Well thats all I have to say on the wonderous product that is vaseline. And at 99p for a little tin (available from Superdrug, Boots and most chemists and Supermarkets) its nice and cheap. I have a tin next to my bed, one in my school bag and a huge tub of cheap petroleum jelly (basically the same stuff) in a drawer for making exfoliator.

• sleepyhead123 published 27/11/2004
    i love the stuff, can't get enough of it!! Great Review, was very helpful!!!
  • Terri1rose published 23/06/2002
    I love vaseline...i add some to my lips every night before i go to sleep & my lips are so soft in the mornings without the dry & gammy taste...thanks for the op... :-)
  • BabyGirl published 19/09/2001
    gREAT op, I love this product, i take my blue retro tin everywhere with me! :) ~*BabyGirl*~

Product Information : Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Long Name: Petroleum Jelly

Type: Face Cream / Treatment

Manufacturer: Vaseline

Listed on Ciao since: 07/09/2000

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly - Review - Looking luscious
Home > Beauty > Face > Face Creams & Treatments > Vaseline Petroleum Jelly > Reviews

kateteen 5

kateteen

Member since:01.03.2001

Looking luscious

20.04.2001

Advantages:
Multi use

Disadvantages:
Very greasy

How easily is it absorbed?

How does it affect your skin?It smoothens, It moisturises

Why did you buy it?Recommendation

9 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. sleepyhead123
  2. JessL
  3. maureenhastie

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

sleepyhead123 27.11.2004 11:12

i love the stuff, can't get enough of it!! Great Review, was very helpful!!!

Terri1rose 23.06.2002 18:07