Mistee-Dr... 5

Mistee-Dreamz

About me: Oh great! Do I have to leave a comment after every read?

Member since:10.10.2010

It's not just about the smell

01.08.2011

Advantages:
Moisturises, nourishes the skin and smell good

Disadvantages:
None I can think of

How does it affect your skin?

Does it smell good?I love it!

How easily is it absorbed?Fast absorbed

Why did you buy it?Packaging, Recommendation, Low price

3. kimwright
  1. sandemp
  2. costas1234
  3. Averilla

I have been using lots of health and beauty products over the years but I can honestly say that no other brand can beat Vaseline; itís a top rated brand and well loved by lots of people. I have used and am still using Vaseline petroleum jelly for over 10 years now, itís a must have in our household; it is a multipurpose product with many uses, the only thing that I donít like about it is the smell.

Vaseline however, has extended their range and produced some wonderful products covering nearly every womanís needs. One of these products that Iím really pleased to review is Vaseline smoothing body butter.

Vaseline Smoothing Body Butter

I first bought it several months ago from Boots the chemist for only £5 which is considered to be relatively cheap compared to other fancy brands. I have already finished the first pot and I think itís an amazing product.

The packaging

Vaseline cocoa butter is stored in an eye catching roundish bronze pot. The pot itself is made out of hard plastic. The name and the logo of the product were on the top. On the bottom there is a peel off sticker, I peeled the sticker which revealed the list of ingredients and a few other information.

The smell

There is a protective foil on the top of the pot just like Niveaís in order to protect the butter from drying out. I peeled the foil off and took a good long sniff. The smell was absolutely divine. Iím not a huge fan of the cocoa smell however this one was too sweet to be eaten! The smell reminded me of chocolate ice cream with a hint of aromatic vanilla. It smelt so aromatic and so delicious. I was completely mesmerized by the smell of the product so that gave me the initiative to start using it. As for the colour, it was sort of off white or light beige which everyone can expect from a cocoa butter product.

The appearance and consistency

Like most body butters I tried previously, it was very dense but it wasnít just only ďthickĒ it was extremely thick that the mixture itself did not drip the slightest. I even turned the cocoa butter cream upside down and it still didnít drip. I was very impressed with the density of the body butter - it was very dense and creamy with the satin/ silky sort of texture.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it has nearly the same ingredients as their original product Vaseline petroleum jelly. So basically I had the same product with a dash of cream and a hint of chocolate and vanilla.

My experience

To be honest, I was slightly worried about the density of the cocoa butter as it may affect the way my body absorbs it. I donít wear rubber gloves when doing my daily chores hence suffering from dry skin, so you can imagine how dehydrated my skin usually is. I put a very small amount and rubbed it into my dry - flaky skin and the cocoa butter spread easily all over my skin. My skin was so thirsty that the thick butter completely dissolved and beautifully blended with my skin in minutes leaving only a gorgeous smell to die for and soft velvety skin.

The good news is that my skin stayed soft and velvety for hours even when I frequently put them under water. As for the smell I canít say it was as strong as it was when I first applied it, however the smell was subtle but still gorgeous.

Vaseline cocoa butter has the best ingredients to make skin smoother for longer. It contains cocoa and Shea butter and both of these combinations are well known for their effectiveness in moisturising the skin.

Prices and availability

You can buy it from supermarkets and superdrug but I highly recommend buying it from Boots for half the normal price for only £2.5 which is a real bargain for a quality product.

ingredients

Water, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearic Acid, hydrogenated polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, hydrogenated didecene, Glycol Stearate, Paraffin, Theobroma Cacao (cocoa) Seed Butte.r

Butyrospermum Parkii, Potato Starch Modified, PEG-90 Diisostearate, Fragrance, Dimethiconol, Disteareth-75IPDI, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copol, Microcrystalline Wax

Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 80, Dimethicone Copolyol, Cetyl Alcohol, Isohexadecane, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Caramel YELLOW 5 CI19140)

contacts

Unilever UK
Freepost,Admail1000
London
SW1A 2XX

Freephone 0800 591720

My recommendation

Iím more than happy to recommend it, not only for women but for everyone. It can be spread all over your body and it is easy to absorb you canít go wrong there.

With key ingredients such as cocoa and Shea butters both can restore skin's healthy glow. It will leave your skin healthy looking, smooth, velvety and moisturised. My skin was glowing without feeling sticky or greasy and smelled deliciously good. I have been using it for months and I can say itís God sent simply because it rescued and protected my skin from drying out.

To get the best out of it I recommend using it regularly to keep your skin healthy and soft and to prevent skin from getting dry.

Pictures of Vaseline Smoothing Cocoa Body Butter
Vaseline Smoothing Cocoa Body Butter IMG_0727[1] - Vaseline Smoothing Cocoa Body Butter
Vaseline Smoothing Cocoa Body Butter