Review of "Vatican, Rome"

published 24/08/2000 | fiisch
Member since : 22/08/2000
Pro Wonderful, amazing colours
Cons Scaffolding - but probably now removed

"Breath-taking"

The Vatican made my holiday. I found the rest of Rome quite dull and uninteresting, but the Vatican was amazing. People talk about the Colloseum (Spelling a little wrong((!)) ) but the Vatican was undescribably. The flash of gold, marble really does show how important religion is there. St.Peter's supposed grave is fabulous. Riches and stones of all sorts, colours and shines were lined up to dazzle you. Sadly, when I went, scaffolding surrounded the cathedral although it is the inside that really does amaze you. Even though I am not a Catholic, or of any religion whatsoever, I still found it very interesting and it is well worth travelling to Rome just to see it.

I was lucky enough to actually see the Pope in the back of his "Popemobil" (as my mother nicknamed it)! It really is an experienced that you will never forget and you really will realish the experience.

• skeet263 published 11/02/2006
    Very short, lack of info