Vauxhall Astra 1.7 CDTi 16v

Vauxhall Astra 1.7 CDTi 16v

Vauxhall present the Astra 1.7 CDTi 16v Design 3dr Hatchback with 5 Speed Manual Gearbox, Front (FWD) running on Diesel

Review of "Vauxhall Astra 1.7 CDTi 16v"

published 12/05/2008 | Mac2008
Member since : 12/05/2008
Pro Value for money, performance is great, economical in fuel, tax and insurance
Cons Not for the image conscious
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption

"Astra Design 1.7CDTI - A must buy hatch"

I recently bought this car and it is certainly a winner in my view.

I previously owned a VW Golf, 1.9 TDI, and was tempted to by another one because it was a good motor. I was recomended an Astra and thought I may as well test drive it, what harm was there. I booked a drive and was instantly impressed. I not only found that this car handled just as well as the golf but also matched its performance (in terms of handling and response).

I recently changed jobs and needed a newer car and being on a budget I knew that if I was to buy another Golf it would be older and I just wanted the reliability of a warranty. Just something to stop me worrying should something go wrong.

The Astra Design has the added benefit is more luxurious than the standard spec Golf, or equivalent class of vehicle. The design comes with half leather, sports chassis, full electric windows, light sensitive rear view mirror and headlights. I would, without any doubt say to anyone, If you are after a car, doing high mileage, and dont want to spend stupid amounts then buy this. Its fantastic.

I do over 500 miles per week, and unless you contstantly put your foot down, you get great MPG. Its tax is low and insurance group even more so. This great spec motor does not look out of place for the not so budget wise either.

The interior is well layed out and certainly better than any other vehicle I have seen in its class and budget. Its not the most spacious, but being 6ft 3" I would say that about most. You gain nor lose on space with any vehicle in this class but there is definately an improvement to the interior and exterior over earlier models.

Product Information : Vauxhall Astra 1.7 CDTi 16v

Height: 1415, 1467

Towing Limit (kg): 1400, 1300, 1000

Engine Size (cc): 1686

Insurance Group: 6, 7, 4

Driven Wheels: Front (FWD)

Torque: 177@2300 lb/ft, 125@1800 lb/ft, 192@2300 lb/ft

Maximum Speed (mph): 113, 104, 112, 117

Number of Doors: 3, 5

Type: Car

Emissions Class: EU4

CO2 Emissions: 138 g/km - (Man), 132 g/km - (Man), 135 g/km - (Man), 119 g/km - (Man)

Country of Origin: UK

Range + Engine Type: Astra 1.7 CDTi 16v, Astra 1.7 CDTi, Astra 1.7 DTi, Astra 1.7 Merit Diesel, Astra 1.7 CDTi 16v ecoFLEX, Astra 1.7 CDTi ecoFLEX, Astra ECO4 1.7 DTi, Astra 1.7D Ti

Classification: Standard Car

Body Type: Hatchback

Fuel Type: Diesel

Transmission type: 5 Speed Manual, 6 Speed Manual

Power: 100, 80, 110

Available Trims: Design; SRi; SXi; Club; Elite; Life, Club; Design; Elite; Life; SXi; SRi, Design; SXi, Club; Design; Life; SXi, Club; Envoy; LS

Range: Vauxhall Astra

NCAP Rating: NCAP 5 Star Rating

Acceleration (0 - 62 mph): 11.9 seconds - (Man), 12 seconds - (Man)

Wheel Base (mm): 2614