Veet Facial Easy to Use Cold Wax Strips

Veet Facial Easy to Use Cold Wax Strips

Hair Removal Wax - for Women

Review of "Veet Facial Easy to Use Cold Wax Strips"

published 20/02/2006 | Squalls_Lover
Member since : 19/02/2006
Satisfactory
Pro It's quick
Cons It can scar if it isn't applied properly
How does it affect your skin?
How painful is it?
Next hair removal necessary after

"Veet Facial Strips"

I've always been irritated with my mustache hair. It wasn't very visible, but if I looked closely in the mirror I could see very fine hairs. I found it very unflattering and have tried waxing (hot wax) which takes time... Threading - which isn't always available to me as I'd go to a salon for that, bleaching - which made my hair longer somehow so finall I decided on Veet cold strips.

The first time I used it, was in the car on the way to some relatives house - it worked fine!

But the disadvantage was that it didn't remove all the hair properly even though I used it correctly, having had experience with hot waxing.

It was, after all, my upper lip hair and hard to remove, maybe that's why it didn't work so well.

But that was fine, most of it was gone and I was pleased and the after-treatment lotion on the tissue they supply was also soothing.

But once, I did it and, like before, it didn't remove it properly, so I went over it again and again until it got rid of every hair - to my horror it left a horrible red streak where the skin was pulled.

Now I have a slightly light brown streak going across my upper lip which I cover with concealer.

I'm not intending to use this product again because it wasn't my fault it didn't remove everything all at once. I followed the instructions, and I did have some hair removed, but some remained which made me keep going which eventually led to my scarring.

• Crazykurst published 27/05/2006
    ive just bought sime, fingers crossed it works then and dont scar, but i must admit its not for my moustache!!
  • welshfruitbat published 20/02/2006
    Good review.
  • fabfrog5 published 20/02/2006
    ouch! this stuff sounds painful! good review! :) x