Veet Facial Easy to Use Cold Wax Strips

Veet Facial Easy to Use Cold Wax Strips

Hair Removal Wax - for Women

Review of "Veet Facial Easy to Use Cold Wax Strips"

published 01/08/2012 | mikeborry
Member since : 13/09/2010
Hi, also on dooyoo, same name.... I will return rates, if I don't send me a message.
Pro Quick and easy to use.
Cons None.
How does it affect your skin?
How painful is it?
Next hair removal necessary after

"And Ripppp!"

Veet Ready to Use Wax Strips for Face

Veet formaly Immac are manufactures of hair removal products, ranging from creams, mousses, gels and waxes.
It was first advertised is the 1920's in the USA (and was also then called Neet) as a product that was faster than shaving!
I don't know if I entirely agree with that as the hair removal creams take about 10 minutes or so to do their stuff and thats after all the faffing around of spreading the cream where ever it is that you want the hair removed from!

I have used the hair removal cream from this brand and it was only recently I picked up the wax strips... I'm such a baby, hate the thought of pain!!

To be honest I have only ever had waxing done once and that was when I was doing a beautician course in college a while back, I didn't find it that painful on my legs but I did have my eye's firmly closed so I wouldn't know when the ripppp was coming!

I didn't realise that these were just a straight strip of wax, I assumed (wrongly) that they may have been shaped for use on eyebrows too! Doh!
So rather than waste them, I cut them into shape myself.
Why Wax

The obvious question! Why wax when it causes more pain than shaving?
Simple answer ~ It lasts longer!

When you use waxing as a hair removal method, the results can last for up to 6 weeks, some people may notice regrowth a lot sooner though.
Yes it is more painful but can be worth it, say for instance on holiday.

So I bought these for the sole purpose of using them on my eyebrows, I hate plucking, plucking out one painful hair after the other is excruitiating, I would much rather apply a strip and rip it off all intended hair to be removed in one quick swoop.

They come in a small cardboard carton, inside this you will find a little clear sealed bag and inside that you can see the approx 2-3 inch long wax strips.
To activate these you need to warm them slightly in your hands and then peel them apart, you will get 2 wax strips out of each length as they peel apart to two separate pieces.
I had already cut them into an arched shape for my eyebrows and I applied the tacky strip across the hair I wanted to remove.
Using my one hand to pull the skin taut I used my other hand to rip the strip off. I didn't hurt but neither did it completely remove all the hair I wanted removed, I had to repeat the process three times and then I was satisfied.
I have to say that these were a lot less painful than plucking, to be fair there wasn't much pain at all, which of course is brilliant!

I also used them to remove little wispy hairs off my husbands chest and they did take these off with ease.

I found these in Poundland and therefore obviously paid £1, I have seen them in other shops priced at around £4 -£5.

• pgn0 published 01/08/2012
    I'm quite attached to those "wispy hairs", so I think this is not for me. I suppose the original advertising claims were in the days of the good old cut-throat razor, along with steaming towels and shaving brushes made from badger hair - probably Neet was quicker, if you could bear the sting...
  • carlz2001 published 01/08/2012
    Good find for a £1. What would we do without pound shops?!