kirstysia... 2

kirstysian

About me: Yay orange!

Member since:22.07.2008

Better grip, Perfect results......I don't think so

28.09.2011

Advantages:
Grip tab makes strip easier to pull off

Disadvantages:
leaves patches of hair, hair grows back in a short period of time

Recommendable No:

How does it affect your skin?

How painful is it?

Next hair removal necessary afterA short time

Why did you buy it?Low Price

Value for moneyPoor

41 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. 80smusicreviewer
  2. pgn0
  3. ithoughtyoudneverask
  1. Julie92

When I am going away or on occasions when I know my legs are going to be on show I will usually wax my legs in order to keep hear growth to a minimum. On one of these occasions I went out and purchased the veet grip ready to use wax strips, they looked like they would do the job and have recently been redesigned with an end which is slightly bigger so you can get a better grip when you pull the waxing strip off.

What is special about these strips?

The wax in these strips contains shea butter and berry, sounds lovely and less painful as shea butter is supposed to help protect your skin. As previously mentioned the grip tab is said to allow you to develop the perfect waxing technique in one pull, I hate it when you only manage to get half of a waxing strip off!

These strips are also designed to be effective on short hair as short as 2mm and are meant to give long lasting results up to 4 weeks.

What do you get in the box?

In the box you will receive 20 wax strips, strips are stuck together in sets of 2. You will also receive 4 perfecting finishing wipes. These wipes should remove any excess wax and sooth skin in the process. The box also contains an instruction manual; these instructions are also shown on the side of the box along with other product information such as ingredients.

Using the strips

In order to begin using the strips you need to first warm them up slightly in between your hands. I found this to be a simple process, I rubbed the strips in between my hands for around 30 seconds and I found this to be a sufficient amount of time. The strips pulled apart easily.

I have to be honest one of the main reasons I decided to go with these strips was the fact I thought they would have a nice smell considering they contain shea butter and berry. I have to say I was disappointed, I didn’t think they smelt like either of these ingredients. I could detect the berry but only slightly and it smelt very artificial.

I applied the strip to my leg with the easy grip tab facing towards my ankle as instructed. The wax stuck to my skin very well, now for the brave part.

Holding my skin taunt I pulled off the wax strip, this wasn’t any more pleasant or less than any other waxing products that I have used.

However the results were of a less standard. I looked at the strip and saw some hair but not a lot and on my leg I still had patches of hair.

I continued to use the strips for the rest of my legs with similar results, for some reason I had random patches of hair which the strips had just not picked up despite going over them again and again.

After deciding that I couldn’t get to all of the hairs with the waxing strips I decided I would go over these areas with my epilator and that seemed to do the trick.

Once this process was all finished I reached for a finishing wipe. These seemed very greasy and did not manage to remove much wax, however it did sooth my skin.

After all this effort to wax I was a bit miffed but thought well at least I won’t have to shave my legs for 4 weeks. Yet again I was disappointed. After around 9-10 days I had to shave my legs again. I’m not particularly hairy and my leg hairs grow at an average pace so this was a let down.

Price

These waxing strips cost around Ł6.95 but can be found on offer at a much cheaper price.

Conclusion

With disappointing results I certainly will not be buying these waxing strips again as I have used better ones at a cheaper price. For a well known and reputable brand like veet who can charge more for their products I expected better.

pgn0 29.10.2011 12:14

Truly a ripping yarn, it brought tears to my eyes.

ithoughtyoudneverask 12.10.2011 11:08

I'm not a Veet fan at all.

Elysia2003 04.10.2011 08:35

What a let down - I had high hopes of this product. x