Vera Wang Love Struck Floral Rush Eau de Parfum

Vera Wang Love Struck Floral Rush Eau de Parfum

for Women

Review of "Vera Wang Love Struck Floral Rush Eau de Parfum"

published 14/05/2013 | aclevername
Member since : 22/04/2012
Pro lovely sparkling scent, longevity, nice bottle
Cons none
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"I'm Lovestruck again!"

I bought Vera Wang's Lovestruck Floral Rush a month or so back. I have become addicted to buying perfumes recently and couldn't resist!

I have the original Lovestruck by Vera Wang and I thought this one smelled even nicer when I tested it in Boots.

~ Bottle ~
The bottle design is the same as that of Vera Wang's Lovestruck. It is a rectangular shaped bottle with chunky glass, but the glass of this bottle is lightly tinged purple and on the front of the bottle are the words 'Lovestruck floral rush' in green lettering with a big green arrow through the middle of the words. 'VERA WANG' is written in smaller letters towards the bottom of the bottle.
The spray nozzle is made from metal and is a metallic purple colour.
The lid of the bottle is large and loud!
I have the 50ml bottle and it has 6 large purple plastic flowers on it. The flowers are rigid and made from plastic so cannot be moved and they are cup shaped, like tulips with deep cups.
There is also a large black, green and purple material bow which is tied around the neck of the lid so the bottle is rather busy.
The flowers, being plastic, may sound as if they look a little bit tacky, but they are a nice purple colour, they match the colour of the glass bottle and they point out at different angles, instead of being symmetrical and I don't think it looks tacky at all.
I really like how chunky and the glass is and the defined rectangular shape of the bottle. I also think the lime green lettering looks good against the purple bottle.

~ Price and availability ~
This eau de parfum is available in 30ml, 50ml and 100ml bottles.
The 30ml bottle is available from cheapsmells.com for £23.45 or Boots for £35.00, which is the recommended retail price.
The 50ml bottle is available from cheapsmells.com for £45.97 or Boots for £48.00.
The 100ml bottle is available from cheapsmells.com for £58.90 or Boots for £62.00.
The perfume is also available from department stores such as Debenhams, House of Fraser, John Lewis and Selfridges.

~ Scent ~
According to the manufacturer, 'The concept of the new version of the fragrance is going backwards - it is a prequel of the Lovestruck story abut modern day Romeo and Juliet, and it captures the excitement and adrenalin rush of love at first sight.'
I really like this scent. I prefer it to the original Lovestruck fragrance. It is very fresh and sparkling. It is described as a sparkling floral bouquet. I'd say it probably has less of a floral scent than the original.
The top notes are champagne, pink pepper and apricot blossom.
The heart notes are pink passion flower, marigold and white freesia.
The base notes are ambergris, musk and cashmere wood.
I can detect the pink pepper in this perfume and along with the champagne I think it gives this perfume a fizzy scent.
I can also detect clean floral notes and a light woodiness in the base.
It is a refreshing perfume and it has good sillage. I have also been impressed with its staying power. It is still detectable on my skin 8 hours after application.
It does have a slight sharpness to it, but it isn't unpleasant or offensive.
The fizziness of the perfume does give the fragrance a real buzz of excitement and it awakens your senses!
I really love this perfume. It is really bright, fresh and uplifting.
I think this perfume is best suited to younger women as it is so light, fresh and sparkling and I would choose this as a daytime scent rather than one for nights out or special occasions.

~ Conclusion ~
I would recommend this perfume. It is light, fresh, sparkling and floral. It has a really happy, uplifting scent and the bottle is gorgeous with its chunky rectangular glass and the flamboyant lid.
I have also been impressed with the sillage and longevity of this perfume and I would definitely buy this again if my current bottle ran out! I love it and prefer it to the original Lovestruck!

• prettypolly40 published 15/05/2013
    I saw this on YouTube that someone was reviewing and thought what a beautiful bottle.
  • Calla76 published 14/05/2013
    This sounds really lovely.
  • Milliesmum123 published 14/05/2013
    This sounds lovely!

offers "Vera Wang Love Struck Floral Rush Eau de Parfum"