Vera Wang Love Struck Floral Rush Eau de Parfum

Vera Wang Love Struck Floral Rush Eau de Parfum

for Women

Review of "Vera Wang Love Struck Floral Rush Eau de Parfum"

published 17/07/2017 | Saraa23
Member since : 16/01/2017
Anyone else not receive consistent email alerts when people rate you??
Good
Pro Cheap, pleasant scent
Cons Fades too quickly
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"Should you RUSH to buy this?"

Not so long ago I needed to buy a perfume for a friend. Taking a recommendation from another friend I decided to buy Vera Wang's Love Struck Floral Rush and being the greedy so and so that I am, I decided to buy one for myself too.

Price
I bought 30ml of Floral Rush from Allbeauty.com. This was about a month ago and at that time they were selling it for £12.50. It is now currently being sold for £13.95 at the same shop. The RRP on the website is said to be £40, which I think is a pretty ridiculous suggestion as you can even buy 100ml from the Superdrug website for £35.

Packaging
The box for Floral Rush is quite plain in style as it is just a rather large box shape, but it gives quite a strong impression because of the bold colours used. The box is a deep purple colour, while the writing is somewhere between lime green and yellow. The writing is diagonal across the bottle and is in an informal handwritten style and decorated by an arrow which runs through the words.
From the box I would guess this perfume is aimed at the younger market as it is perhaps too tacky and cheap looking for older generations. Overall I personally think the box is fine, but I do feel some could consider it as cheap looking.

I feel that where they skimped on the design of the box they went somewhat overboard on the design of the bottle. The bottle itself is a basic glass rectangle shape in a pretty shade of translucent purple. The writing on the bottle is the same as the box and it is topped with a metallic purple atomiser. Overall the bottle itself is attractive, but again seems much more suited to the younger market.
Now on to the lid!! The lid is the most extravagant part of the packaging for Floral Rush. It has 3 purple frosted plastic flowers sprouting from the base of the lid and wrapped around the base is a giant bow made from floral fabric.
In theory and in most pictures this seems like a pretty detail, however when I received it I was rather underwhelmed and felt it looked a bit tacky and would probably have looked nicer without the flowers.

Scent
The concept behind Lovestruck Floral Rush is to capture the scent of love at first sight.
The perfume notes include, Champagne, Pink Pepper, Apricot Blossom, White Fresia, Musk and Cashmere Wood.
When I first spray Floral Rush I get a very sharp Floral scent and its so sharp it almost smells like Citrus. It is pleasant, but so strong that I imagine it could be headache/sneeze inducing in some.
As I smell it a little more I start to smell what I think is the pink peppers, and the floral scent starts to fade and is replaced by a fruity smell which I believe smells a lot like peaches. The peaches scent is my favourite part of this perfume as it smells light and refreshing.
As the peaches fade I start to smell an almost powdery flower smell mixed with musk. It smells clean but also a little basic and some how it starts to smell more like a cleaning product rather than a perfume.....which is never good!
The worst aspect of this perfume is its staying power, if you can still smell it after an hour or so you'll be lucky. Its an edp so I would expect the staying power to be better than that.

What Do I Think?
Overall I would say that I wouldnt buy this perfume again for myself or others. The scent is reasonable though nothing special, but the staying power is what mostly puts me off, it just fades far too quickly.
I would probably only recommend this if someone was looking to buy a cheap perfume or perhaps a perfume for a teenager, other than that I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks for reading

• euphie published 27/07/2017
    vh :o)
  • LiveMusicLoverLyn published 19/07/2017
    Good early review
  • kiss_me2070 published 18/07/2017
    Good review.

offers "Vera Wang Love Struck Floral Rush Eau de Parfum"