Veronica Mars: The Movie (DVD)

Veronica Mars: The Movie (DVD)

Review of "Veronica Mars: The Movie (DVD)"

published 19/01/2017 | stacey2911
Member since : 23/10/2013
I'm Back after over a month of not having a laptop
Pro a nice murder mystery
Cons none really
Did you enjoy it?
Story
Characters / Performances
Special Effects
Soundtrack

"The Veronica Mars Movie"

Veronica Mars- The Movie
Price: £3.28
Certificate: 12
Released: 2014

When I was at university my housemate was obsessed with Veronica Mars I remember watching random episodes not in any particular order and watching to watch the box set but never having the time. I saw The Veronica Mars Movie and thought i'd watch it before buying the box set to see if it still appealed to me

Veronica Mars is set 9 years after the Tv show it starts off with her in the city with a boyfriend and a new career opportunity she had given up her detective work for good. That is until she gets a phone call from Logan her ex boyfriend who is now in the Navy. He is being accused of killing his popstar Girlfriend Carrie Bishop, stage name Bonnie Deville. Veronica is also reunited with her father when she heads back to Neptune. There is one event that she tries her hardest to avoid.... The School's 10 year reunion... but her friends have other ideas and she's dragged along. Veronica enjoys going back to her detective work and definitely doesn't forget anything.

A very nice, easy to follow film. I'm sure this follows on from the series nicely, I think there a few references to the Tv show but I haven't watched it all so I may be wrong. I think I should have watched the box set first, but i'm not one to do things in order. I did enjoy this film, it's nothing complicated and doesn't require a lot of thinking. a nice comedy murder mystery film. I thought it was going to be really predictable it wasn't but it could have been a little bit more exciting as well.

Mystery

Chris Lowell as Stosh "Piz" Piznarski
Tina Majorino as Cindy "Mac" Mackenzie
Enrico Colantoni as Keith Mars
Gaby Hoffmann as Ruby Jetson

The casting is really good, I think Logan should have had a slightly bigger role seeing as he was being accused of killing his girlfriend. It would have been nice to see more of the relationship between Veronica and her Dad but overall the casting was very good and I'm so glad they kept the original actress who played Veronica Mars in the Tv show.

Soundtrack
You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine by Lou Rawls
Second Chances by Gregory Alan Isakov
We Used to Be Friends by The Dandy Warhols
Mug Shot (bonus track itunes only) by Max Schneider

Soundtracks are always important in a movie they can portray the emotion of the scene and can help to build tension, this soundtrack was very good and did all it needed to, to help the story flow.

I really enjoyed this movie perhaps I should have watched the box sets first but that didn't really matter there were just a few references to her teenage days but it still made sense. I am now on the hunt for the box set to enjoy more murder mysteries. I would recommend this movie if you like mysteries, that don't have a lot of action, it just flowed nicely with a few comedy moments.

• mikemelmak published 21/01/2017
    Not seen the series.
  • euphie published 20/01/2017
    vh :o)
  • mummytobe78 published 20/01/2017
    Vh

offers "Veronica Mars: The Movie (DVD)"