Versace Blue Jeans Eau de Toilette

Review of "Versace Blue Jeans Eau de Toilette"

published 09/02/2015 | SirJoseph
Member since : 08/03/2012
Ciao... please bring back paid music reviews :,(
Pro Tin & Bottle Design, Scent, Price, Availability, Brand, Different
Cons Alcohol Content, Staying Power, Not Masculine
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"Italian Blue Jeans & Booze.. So much booze"

Nostalgia Intro

Ahhh '''Versace Blue Jeans'''.. reminds me of my late teenage college years.. single and slutty, searching to sow them wild oats.. then I found someone who wore the female equivalent 'red jeans' and it's pretty much sat on the shelf, gathering dust since then. Blatantly another one of the indefinite number of colognes, aftershaves and Eau de Toilette's I gathered up from the distant relatives on Christmas day. My first impression was "What the hell is it?" - I mean it's a metal tin with the Versace brand slapped on it with a sub title of Blue Jeans.. look a little closer and the word 'Man' gives it away. That and the fine print about Eau de Toilette, millilitres/fluid ounces etc the typical stuff you overlook during your X-mas excitement delirium. Anyway, after dusting this off (and a little incentive from Ciao's Campaign Bonus') I'ma review this top brand, suave fragrance.. and possibly finish off the bottle in the process.
Tin & Bottle Design

Being a bit arty and creative myself, I really like the tin this fragrance comes in. A medium sized cylindrical tube, just smaller than a can of beer, containing the bottle and corrugated cardboard innards to protect it. The artwork is well done too, keeping the nitty gritty, ingredients, languages and barcode on the bottom of the tin - still clean and clear, just not intruding on the simple, classy graphics. On the top is this golden lion head which decorates an outer ring on the glass bottle as well as on top of the cap. The glass is slightly blue tinted, whilst the liquid itself seems a strong sapphire colour. The bottle also reveals where in Italy it was manufactured - Monza. The engravings on the bottle look a little bit like Aztec tribalism meets Victorian architecture - curve-less spirals and stone lions. It must be said though that the bottle looks a little girly in its dark blue potion-like vial. Also, its spray top works adequately so there's minimal spillage.
Fragrance

With a female perspective this time, (I struggled to find a suitable adjective) I was notified that the smell was best described as Fresh. Granted I wanted to wax lyrical a bit more about it's complexities but hey ho. In my opinion it is a sweet powdery smell that borders on being too feminine but avoids this by having that solid alcohol tinge that accompanies Eau de Toilette's. It definitely has a little certain something that I can't quite pin down (as usual) - a last, crucial ingredient that makes it so distinct and original. It's pleasant and I'm trying my best to avoid saying floral because it isn't, it just comes close. Probably best left as an evening wear musk although I do recall up using it on mornings as its freshness aids in waking up a smidge. Not the most powerful smelly though - which is VERY surprising considering the volume of alcohol in this - a staggering 85%! Surely it should stink for longer with that kind of drink preserving it? Luckily Versace have got their measurements right as it barely makes an impact on the actual smell. Downside is, go anywhere near an open flame and you will likely be in A&E with second degree burns.
Finale

I wouldn't necessarily recommend it because not everyone (man or woman) likes a light and sweet smelling bloke and frankly, I'd rather it stay a quiet seller so it retains a bit more of its mystery :) At £15 online (Amazon) you can probably find it cheaper elsewhere - but it hardly breaks the bank as it is! I was a bit surprised to find it in general though as I acquired it a while ago (years). 75ml isn't much but, rather the standard amount for smellies and being Versace, a decent, well known Italian brand (clothing too) it seems a right bargain. Something different plus it looks cool.

• 1st2thebar published 14/03/2015
    Too 'Shakin Stevens' for me.
  • euphie published 08/03/2015