Very Best of Alan Jackson - Alan Jackson

Review of "Very Best of Alan Jackson - Alan Jackson"

published 04/03/2015 | CoffeeQueen68
Member since : 08/01/2014
Pro A lovely album with some excellent songs on it.
Cons None.
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Mr A Jackson at his very best."

Introduction

Alan Jackson is an American songwriter. Born in 1958, he's sold over 80 million records worldwide. He tends to sing mostly the traditional kind of Country music. I particularly like Alan Jacksons music and his voice. He sings songs you can hear the words to and can sing along to. I've been a long-term fan of this man, and have always enjoyed listening to his music. One of his albums I have in my collection is The Very Best Of Alan Jackson, which I shall be telling you about in this review.
The CD

Number of CD's: 1
Released: 2004
Genre: 2004

The cover of the CD has a picture of Alan Jackson on the front with the album name on it.

The Tracks.

1) Gone Country (4:17)
The first track on this album is quite a fast tracked song and has a good beat of the drums to start the song off. This is an upbeat song, and what I like about this he talks about someone who has 'gone Country, back to her roots.' This is a good song to start the album off.

2) Drive (for Daddy Gene) (4:01)
This song slows down slightly, although still has a nice beat to it. His name as a child was Daddy Gene. What I like about Jacksons songs is he is very much a traditionalist and sings old-fashioned, traditional songs and like to sing songs about his childhood and things that people remember good things about. This is one of those songs where he remembers his childhood.

3) Where Were you (When The World Stopped Turning) (5:03)
Where were you when the world stopped turning that September day?

This is quite a slow track on the album, and I love how he sings with with the sound of the guitar in the background. You can tell from this song that Alan is a religious man, I know he sings a lot of religious songs. I like the words to this song, and find this track talking about love and forgiveness a beautiful song.

4) www.memory (2:33)
This song reminds me of the old style traditional Country music. He has that deep, rustic tone in his voice that Country singers have. I had never heard this song before until getting this album, but this song is different from the rest. www.memory, just click on me. I like the words to this song, and has a nice tempo to it. It's not an upbeat track, but is a good song, and I like this track.

5) It's Five O'Clock Somewhere (With Jimmy Buffett) (3:49)
Things liven up with this song. This is a nice song, and he duets with Jimmy Buffett to this song. Although I had never heard of Jimmy Buffett before getting this album, but I think they sing well together in this song. Certainly one I can dance along to in my living room!

6) Chattahoochee (3:56)
This really do speed up with this song and this is very much a fast paced song. I'm used to listening to Alan singing slow, mellow songs and ballads , so I find it quite refreshing listening to him singing a fast song. This is a fun, happy song which I enjoy listening to.

7) She's Got The Rhythm (And I Got The Blues) (2:23)
This is a song I was unfamiliar with until I got this album, and I quite like this song. It is quite an upbeat song and he sings about how he's got a blues, and the girl is showing him what he's got to lose, she's got the rhythm. This is quite a short song compared to some of the others on the album, but it's a nice song.

8) Midnight in Montgomery (3:43)
This song starts off with a guitar playing, and this is a slow song. I think that Alan sings this song beautifully and I love his voice in this song. I personally think this is what Country music is all about. See the stars in the purple sky. I love how he sings about midnight in Montgomery, and find this is a sublime track as he talks about being so lonesome he could cry.

9) Little Man (4:26)
Things speed up a touch with this song. Although not one of my personal favourites on the album, it is a nice song. He talks about going back to a town where the small stores have shut, and how the big firms have moved in taking out the little man. It's a nice story behind the lyrics, just there are other songs on this album I enjoy listening to more.

10) Pop A Top (3:03)
Pop a top again. I got time for just one more round.
This is quite a fast paced song. Not one I had heard before I got this album, but it's a fun song and as always, I love his voice in this track. It's a nice song, and I enjoyed listening to this track.

The remaining 10 tracks on this album are:

11) Don't Rock The Jukebox (2:50)
12) Little Bitty (2:37)
13) Here in the Real World (3:36)
14) Livin' On Love (3:47)
15) Who's Cheatin' Who (4:00)
16) Tall, Tall Trees (2:26)
17) Right on the Money (3:47)
18) Chasin' the Neon Rainbow 3:04)
19) It Must be Love (2:49)
20) Everything I Love (3:06)

Where can you buy this album?

Amazon sells this album from £6.78 or from £4.21 used (at the time of writing this review). It is also being sold on Ebay from £4.80. But these things may change over time, but as I write this review, these are the prices.
What do I think?

I've been a fan of Alan Jackson for a long time now, I love his voice and music, and am glad to have him part of my CD collection. If you love Country music, I would highly recommend this CD. There's some great songs on here, and he's got a beautiful voice. And with 20 songs on the CD, I think that's a lot of songs to listen to for a good while.

www.alanjackson.com

Thanks for reading.

Louise

• euphie published 02/04/2015
    vh :o)
  • shellyjaneo published 07/03/2015
    vh x
  • torr published 07/03/2015
    The name rings a bell, though I don't really follow country music. Well reviewed.