Vicks First Defence Microgel Nasal Spray

Vicks First Defence Microgel Nasal Spray

Children's Medicine, Coughs & Colds

Review of "Vicks First Defence Microgel Nasal Spray"

published 20/04/2008 | RaeSteve
Member since : 19/04/2008
Pro It simply works and works simply
Cons The price
Side effects
Effectiveness

"It really does work"

Woke up Friday with that sore throat - not the 'you need a drink' thoat but the one that's a warning of at least 3 days of pain and suffering. Despite sucking loads of strepsils the sore throat got worse throughout the morning and I thought 'typical, 5 days before my hols and I'm developing a cold'. So I popped to the chemist at lunchtime to see what drugs they had and saw first defense, the desire to get rid of my cold ASAP got me over the £6.99 price tag - desperate times call for desperate measures.

I took my first dose in the car park outside the chemists - unpleasant, wrong, horrible feeling just behind my nose then the runny nose. But I'd read the instructions and kind of expected the effects. I didn't feel better that day or the next morning, but by the afternoon the standard cold syptoms seemed to calm down. The edge went off my sore thoat and although my sinuses hurt like hell I could tell the cold was on it's way out as I kept sneezing, which for me is a sign I'm getting better.

I did do a little reading up on it to work out how it works and the science behind it all makes sense if you can imagine the tiny little cold viruses stuck in a gel like substance, just at the back of your nose.

Today is Sunday and I feel so much better. The 'miracle' cure that this is preported to be actually works for me - I got my fella to buy one too - just in case!

• lucysmum06 published 24/09/2008
    Totally agree! Use whenever I feel a cold appearing. I did make the mistake of sniffing it rather than just squirting first time though and thought my brain would explode.
  • headcase44 published 21/04/2008
    Hello and welcome to Ciao...Good first review... Dont you just hate colds at this time of the year ? Thanks. J.
  • Hsaxo published 20/04/2008