Vicks Inhaler

Vicks Inhaler

Review of "Vicks Inhaler"

published 02/03/2012 | dobbysmum
Member since : 22/09/2011
Please do not thank me personally for the Es; if I have given you an E then I have most certainly enjoyed your review x
Pro Discrete
Cons Not good value for money
Side effects
Effectiveness
Price

"I much prefer the old fashioned way"

My daughters always use the Vicks nasal inhaler but I was not convinced. I did not like to see people shoving things up their noses in public! After hearing them tell me how much easier it was than having good old Vicks rubbed in a hankie, I decided to try the product. Vicks can be a bit messy whereas with this, you do not need to get it on your hands at all.

**==COST==

The cost of this item is around 2 pounds whereas a large tub is only a few pence more. I suppose if I am honest then in future I will stick to the tub Vicks rather than the tube as I find it very overpriced.

**==WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?==

The product looks a bit like a lipstick, there is a pull off lid that is labelled with the brand logo. Under the lid is a white tube with a hole in that releases the menthol vapour. The idea is that you hold the stick close to your nose and breathe in. Inhaling the vapour should help to open sinuses, relieve congestion and generally help you breathe better. It smells of strong menthol vapours.

**==WHAT DOES IT DO?==

I love Vicks and I used it for years. Not only has it helped me through many colds but I have rubbed it into my children's chests and backs to help them get over the odd bug. Vicks really does help for me as it really gets to work at allowing me to breathe and breaks down the congestion. I can see why this stick design will appeal to some people as it is very handy. It is small enough to slip discretely into a pocket or a handbag. I was a little dubious at how strong the item would smell but it does smell very strongly and I can say that it probably smells just as strong as one of the tubs.
I think my main problem with the stick is that I still do not using it in public. It just does not look nice, whereas you can discretely sniff a hankie without anyone batting an eyelid. I much prefer the old fashioned way and I think that you get much more for your money. I do like the product though and would not dissuade anyone from buying it. I just think that it is not for me.

• Alyson29 published 02/03/2012
    I prefer this format as it's more convenient to use x
  • Spottydog11 published 02/03/2012
    I use this and like it x

offers "Vicks Inhaler"