Victoria Park Plaza Hotel, London

Victoria Park Plaza Hotel, London

Review of "Victoria Park Plaza Hotel, London"

published 20/03/2009 | Mickie26
Member since : 11/01/2003
I have decided to come back and start writing again.
Pro Pleasant Staff, Good Customer Service, Nice Breakfast
Cons Expensive

"Victoria Park Plaza Hotel, London It's More Than A Hotel!"

The Victoria Park Plaza in London is an amazing hotel that has very comfortable, quality rooms and staff who are friendly and professional. The best thing about The Victoria Park Plaza is that it is in a prime position just two minutes from Victoria Station and an easy walk to some of London's main attractions. I found it perfect for shopping and buying souvenirs. There were also quite a number of restaurants close by and my mum who cannot walk far didn't complain once. Although we ate at the hotel we also sampled London's China Town.

It is a four star hotel and lives up to the standard. It is situated close to Buckingham Palace, Harrods, Westminster Abbey and Houses of Parliament. The hotel does not allow smoking anywhere near the building which my mum and I really appreciated because we are both none smokers. The smoking ban made the hotel smell fresh and clean.

The Victoria Park Plaza is excellent for business trips or short luxury breaks. The only thing I will say is that the walls were paper thin and you can hear what is going on in the next room. The man in the next room was a business man and he stayed up on his phone talking till about 3.0 clock which was really annoying because we couldn't sleep. Then when we woke up in the morning the man had the cheek to shout at us for talking. Unfortunately this is the case with most hotels like this in London. Hopefully you won't get a bed next to a busy businessman's room.
The Park Plaza Victoria Hotel has 287 air-conditioned guest rooms, including Executive Rooms, Studios and Suites, plus 12 one and two-bedroom apartments. The rooms are really beautiful, spacious and the beds are very comfortable. The room was clean, smelled fresh, there was coffee and tea available as well as some biscuits. There was also some soap in the bathroom and fresh towels. The bathroom was a nice size as well and I really enjoyed the bath. I don't know what it is but, baths in hotel rooms always seem nicer than your own at home. So I enjoyed a luxury bath and was able to style my hair with the hair dryer provided in the room next to a nice, big mirror whilst I was sat down. The room had an average view though it was nothing spectacular. You could hear the business of the London's streets which is something I am not used to living at the other end of the Country and in a quiet cul-de-sac. The bed linen was nice, it looked new and was freshly ironed. The cushions were comfortable and I slept very well apart from the annoying businessman in the room next door to us. There was an information pack about the hotel in the room and little drawers with plenty of places to hang your clothes and put your shoes and other belongings.

The hotel in London also offers an Executive Room package, which allows exclusive access to the Executive Lounge, giving you complimentary breakfast, refreshments throughout the day and evening drinks and snacks. Guests in Executive Rooms also enjoy a luxury bathrobe and slippers, complimentary bottled water, fruits and chocolates, as well as upgraded bathroom amenities. If you want to pay more for the luxury it's worth it, but my mum and I just wanted a room for the night. It was more than adequate for our stay and I would definitely return at some other time to stay in the hotel again.

I can understand why businessmen might choose this option because they have a place to go to carry out their business. They also have an Executive Lounge, Business Centre, on-site restaurant, wireless Internet access in public areas and a foreign currency exchange, as well as many other convenient services that make the hotel an ideal choice. I think you are actually spoilt for choice and if money is not a bother for you then you can really jump in the deep end and spoil yourself on the feast of goodies the hotel has in store for those who can afford it.

When my mum and I first walked into the hotel we were greeted by a friendly concierge who took our luggage and carried it to the room. On the way he talked to us and I mentioned to my mum that I had a headache. I asked the concierge where I would be able to get some drinking water from and not only did he tell me, but he actually got a glass when we were in the room and poured the water in for me. I couldn't believe how sweet and kind he was. I did wonder at the time if he fancied his chances with me, but he was so sincere it was a pleasure and I instantly felt like we made the right choice of hotel. The gentleman really went out of his way for us. Considering he was just a Concierge he went well beyond his duties and I think he should be heading for the position of hotel manager.

We got lost on the way to the hotel even though it is simple to find we had been going round in ever increasing circles. However when we phoned the hotel and told him he gave us the directions. He even announced that he was going to walk us to the theatre so we got there safely without getting lost. On the way there he linked our arms and made us feel like ladies it was lovely. I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to anyone as it is superb and miles above the rest of the hotels in London, in my opinion. The friendliness of the staff is outstanding, and they go out of their way to accommodate any request. Each member of staff was nice and it wasn't even like finding one member of staff who had a bad attitude they all went out of their way to give good customer care.

In each hotel room you will find:

21-inch television
Coffee and tea maker
Cribs*
Deadbolts
Door viewer
Electrical adapters for international guests*
International electrical sockets - USA, EU, UK
Emergency evacuation info in rooms
Emergency lighting
*Available on request
Additional features and amenities for Executive Rooms and Suites:
Bath and shower
Bathrobe and slippers
Breakfast included in rate (served in Executive Lounge)
Chocolates
Complimentary Internet access for one hour
Exclusive access to the Executive Lounge
Fruit platter
Luxury bathroom amenities
Mineral water

The following rooms are available at The Park Plaza Victoria London:
Superior Rooms with king or queen-sized beds. Twin rooms are also available.
The Executive Rooms with king or queen-sized beds and special upgraded amenities.

Spacious suites with king or queen-sized beds and additional upgraded amenities.
Apartments are available in one and two bedrooms. All apartments also provide kitchens and separate living areas.

The London lodging is especially ideal for businessmen since they have wireless internet. All in all it is an excellent hotel that will cost from £150 - £200 depending on the day you stay and what deals are available at the time. I fully enjoyed my stay and went home feeling relaxed. The hotel was clean and tidy. Cleaners kept on top of the tidying throughout the day and there were no areas of concern for the hotel's cleanliness. There were no members of staff that I had any problems with they were all very friendly and professional. Even though there was an air of business professionals throughout the day there was also room for the guest staying for a short break. The food was delicious and the breakfast was plentiful with a range of choice for the continental breakfast. The food was fresh and tasty. It was served at the correct temperature and filled me up for the whole morning. You could eat as much or as little as you wanted and nobody would give you any hassle or rush you. The juice was fresh and tasty and it wasn't out of a carton. There was so much choice and everyone seemed to be enjoying the breakfasts.

Victoria Park Plaza is centrally located just 2 minutes from Victoria Underground, Gatwick Express and National Rail station, with direct services to central London, Gatwick Airport and the South of England. The hotel is within walking distance of some of London's main attractions including Buckingham Palace, Harrods in Knightsbridge, Westminster Abbey, West End Theatres and the Big Ben. All rooms have up to date décor and state-of-the-art in-room technology. MIX Espresso Gourmet serves gourmet coffee and fresh pastries & sandwiches. All the food in the hotel was prepared fresh and of high quality. I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel and would definitely return some time in the future.

Would I recommend this hotel? Hell, yes!

• elinor.z published 23/06/2009
    This is really well written and clear to picture as a great hotel...Well Done...elinor
  • silverstreak published 07/04/2009
    That bloke on the phone probably had the rats through not getting enough sleep. Hope you told him where to get off.
  • morticiaaddams published 31/03/2009
    Sounds great.. I love reading hotel reviews! Excellently done.