Victorinox Kitchen Scissors Swiss army knife

Review of "Victorinox Kitchen Scissors Swiss army knife"

published 19/02/2017 | sellerleygirl
Member since : 15/02/2015
♬ •♩ All we need is rates!! •♩ Everybody!!•♩ All we need is rates!! ♩ •♬ All my pictures up now!!
Pro Sharp, long lasting, sturdy and just great!!
Cons None
Style

"Kitchen scissors worth owning."

o0 Victorinox Kitchen Scissors Swiss 0o

o0 Introduction 0o

What kitchen utensil would you not be without?
I find that quite difficult to decide but my trusty kitchen scissors would be very near the top of the list.
Kitchen scissors or shears are one of those afterthought cooking tools; many people simply don't have them, and I'd be willing to bet that among those who do, it's more often than not the ones you have are a cheap pair that comes as part of a knife-block set. After all, as far as cooking equipment goes, scissors are somewhere on the "optional" end of the necessary-cooking-equipment range, right?
But for me a good pair of kitchen shears is incredibly useful to have, I use mine several times a day and not just for their scissoring ability; I like to think of them as a kitchen multitool. So, the fact that my kitchen scissors are a pair of Victorinox Kitchen Scissors from the makers of the original Swiss Army Knife, makes them a true kitchen all-rounder.

o0 About Victorinox 0o

In 1884, the Swiss Karl Elsener founded his cutler’s business. A few years later, he developed the legendary ‘Original Swiss Army Knife’.

Today, Victorinox produces and sells unique, high quality products worldwide which are of practical use in differing areas of life: Swiss Army Knives, Cutlery, Watches, Travel Gear, Apparel and Fragrances – and their wonderful kitchen scissors.

The head office of the company is in Ibach, Switzerland and the CEO is Carl Elsener great-grandson of Karl Elsener.
o0 About the Scissors 0o

The Victorinox kitchen scissors are made in Germany of high-quality carbon stainless steel, and then they are hand finished in Switzerland by skilled craftsmen. The scissors are available with red and black handles, I have the black handled set, and the length from tip of blade to end of handle is 21.5cm with the blades around 12cm long and they have a 55-57 hardness rating on the Rockwell scale for extra tough duty, and the tempered edges can be re-sharpened over and over without any loss of performance. They have no serrated edge at all, but very fine, VERY sharp blades.
The ergonomically designed handles are made of sturdy polypropylene for comfort and safety, and their equal size and shape are good for both left or right handed people.
The scissors come with a centre screw to take them apart for adjusting, thorough cleaning or sharpening. In keeping with the Swiss Army Knife reputation, the centre of the scissors also acts as a bottle opener or cracks nuts and crab claws etc.

• High quality stainless steel all-purpose scissors
• Ergonomically designed polypropylene handles for comfort and control
• Pivot screw allows adjustment for precision cutting
• Dishwasher safe
• Lifetime Guarantee

o0 My Opinion/Experience 0o

My current scissors are only 6 months old, but they replaced a set that I had owned for ten years – and one of the handles had broken (too much dish washer use I think); but even though expensive – I certainly had my use out of the scissors.

My current scissors are, as I said 6-month-old, but – despite daily use – they still look like new and the blades are still mega sharp. I decided on buying them that, despite the company saying they are dish washer safe, that I will always hand wash them. Although you must be careful as they are sharp!
I remember when I first got my Victorinox kitchen scissors being disappointed as they never had serrated edges, but I was soon extremely pleased with them - these scissors are all I could ask for in a pair of kitchen scissors. They feel well-balanced and precise in the hand, especially when trimming chicken and meats. They are extremely sharp, and cut through meat, poultry and fish easily, they make extremely easy work of snipping herbs in fact they cut anything and everything, from trimming rind off bacon, thick fat off a rump steak, cutting through a chicken backbone to string from around meats to plastic and paper packaging.

I really can’t fault these scissors, they are really well made and a great price for the quality.
o0 Price and Availability 0o

While the RRP of these scissors is £19.99 I have never paid more for £10 for them; they are currently available on Amazon from £10.50.
For the use you get out of these scissors this really is a good price.

o0 Would I Recommend? 0o

Oh yes!! I know you can pick scissors up from Poundland but believe me, these £10 scissors are still better value as they just go on and on!!
If they’re good enough for the Swiss Army……….

Thanks for reading, I hope that you have found this review useful.

o0 © Sellerleygirl February 2017 0o

• calara published 18/03/2017
    nice.
  • calara published 18/03/2017
    good.
  • euphie published 22/02/2017
    e :o)

offers "Victorinox Kitchen Scissors Swiss army knife"