Vidal Sassoon VS 071

Vidal Sassoon VS 071

Review of "Vidal Sassoon VS 071"

published 07/11/2004 | lisacallow
Member since : 10/09/2004
Pro Reasonably priced and high quality
Cons So they're not GHD, who cares
Straightening
Ease of Use
Special Features

"Vidal So Smooth!"

Aren't I the lucky one, I just bought some of these brand new on ebay for £30. Good bargain I thought, especially when I saw others sold by on-line shops retailing for about £60-£70. I think I have uncovered a bargain and they were definitely money well spent.

As straightners go, I've purchased a couple of different brands now, all with this new ceramic technology and never really found any that suited me. I wanted the technology that wasn't going to leave my hair looking like something my dog coughed up, which seems the general consensus with a lot of brands i've tried.

My hair type is thick and wavy, and all the worse when trying to navigate it with a hair dryer when it's too wet to straighten. I look like something from Nightmare on Hair street lol.
These are really good though, ceramic plates which nowadays are the norm and agreeably better for your hair. They glide a lot esier than a lot of models too with smooth flat plates.

There are variable heat settings dependant on your hair type and style option-flicking/kinking etc.
They also have a cooling system (apparently) for added safety once you've finished.

I found these great as they seem to leave your hair with some degree of moisture, unlike previous ones I have used, and left my hair really smooth afterwards. It took less time too to straighten my hair than expected. 15 mins as opposed to the usual hour! So useful if you're in a hurry to go out with not much time to spare.
I don't have to use products to keep my hair straighter either which is brilliant. Overload is not a good look.

I'd give these a 9/10 overall, they work really well and I got them at a really good price. I would recommend ebay if you want a good deal, alot of ebay shops stock the model. Normal RRp is around £60 as far as I am aware, but couldn't find them in the Argos catalogue yet so don't quote me.

Who needs GHD when you have great models at affordable prices. I'll be keeping hold of these for a while yet!

• melodysparks published 07/11/2004
    Great review. Chris
  • aznchick published 07/11/2004
    I use remington and it's just as good as ghd's : )
  • j3ssica published 07/11/2004
    These sound great but I'm happy with mine! Just a tip; add your replies to other people into the actual review (for example, they only take five minutes to heat up) because you'll get higher ratings! x