Vileda VIL125314 Universal 2in1 Brush

Vileda VIL125314 Universal 2in1 Brush

Brush/Mop

Review of "Vileda VIL125314 Universal 2in1 Brush"

published 25/04/2012 | sarahbarrow
Member since : 11/05/2007
Well that was the longest couple of weeks break I've ever had! xx
Pro A good brush that cleans my laminate flooring well.
Cons The coated side of the brush.

"Vileda, less brushing needed!"

After doing my weekly shop last week, I was delighted to find my local Asda had come to the same conclusion as I had, that it was post Christmas, and a good spring clean was needed, hence the review on a cleaning product!

The product in question is a Vileda 2in1 universal brush, that was being sold at a knock down price of £4.00, with handle included, which for this brand is a real bargain!

In my house I have laminate flooring throughout the entire lower level, not something I would have chosen, but what we inherited when we bought the house!

To keep this floor clean it needs mopping at least once a day, and brushing around three times a day, especially with my kids in the house anyway, so I needed a brush that could take that kind of hard work, and also something that could brush away a plethora of different materials, ranging from dust bunnies (bain of my life, I can move settee’s everyday, brush underneath and still find one rolling across the floor, like a bad re-make of a western!), hair (myself and my daughter seem to have far too much hair, hence the reason it falls out so much, my hubby says it’s like living with cousin IT!) and the various other mud and foody items that children like to liberally spread throughout their domains!

This brush is a little longer, width wise than a bog standard (bog standard, not bog brush!), brush, and being much flatter too, meaning much easier to store once finished with.

One side of the brush is black bristles, which is stated to be the perfect side for sweeping up the smaller type of mess, dust being the ideal one for this side, with the other side being stated as perfect for everything else, especially hair, well I was sold immediately, but of course the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

After using the brush the first time I found the black side of the brush was the easiest to use, with the grey side having a coating on it, making it a little harder to sweep with and almost impossible if you accidentally sweep over a wet patch.

This is a good brush though, even just using the one side makes for an effective brush up, and does seem to remove more dirt than my previous brush, meaning (hopefully!), much less time spent brushing the same areas for bits that have escaped the head on the first go.

Do I recommend, yes! It’s a good brush, and at the price I got it a real steal, though full price is only a couple of pounds more, with the saving grace being the removable handle, and fully threaded head, meaning the handle can be re-used many times more than the head, and the heads being widely available for purchase.

I do feel the brush could have quite easily got away with the one colour and texture of brush fibre’s, though only having laminate flooring to test this out on, others may well disagree.

Thanks for reading x