Vinopolis World Of Wine, West End, London

Vinopolis World Of Wine, West End, London

Museum - Address: 1 Bank End, Southwark, London SE1 9BU

Review of "Vinopolis World Of Wine, West End, London"

published 05/03/2013 | swhunter
Member since : 05/03/2013
Pro None
Cons Poor management random results
Prices
Is it worth visiting?
Transport links
Family Friendly

"Turning great into terrible !!!!"

I wish I’d checked the reviews first. When you see some sites with an almost equal number of “Excellents” as “Terribles” you know it’s a business that isn’t controlling the quality of its service. And that’s what I found.
I hosted my daughter’s wedding at Vinopolis in January 2013 and I have to say the quality of food , the venue and the staff at the event itself were excellent. However on the day we found that the canapes (costing £1000) were not being served with the champagne reception as requested – but instead with the sausage rolls and pizzas in the evening!!! After a few weeks I found that, in my opinion it was a well-intended mistake by Vinopolis, but still a mistake that killed the atmosphere of the “champagne and canapés”!! Ahead of any bill being received I offered to pay 50% in good faith but Vinopolis declined the offer.
For Vinopolis’ part they were adamant they had done no wrong yet they didn’t follow the written instructions on their files from my daughter nor followed their own “final check” by getting a formal signature from their client on the “event sheet” even though there is a space exactly for it. I know when I sign something I check things carefully and I’d probably have spotted their error-but I didn’t even receive a copy – I didn’t know it existed. So for me it was clear cut – they bypassed the two checks that get things right for the customer…and then implied it was the bride’s fault as she did the chosing.
So I paid everything else except the canapés and want to go to legal process to solve it. What do Vinopolis do? They have bypassed me as the client and have started harassing my daughter, the bride, for the money !!! How low can you get?? That’ll fix itself I’m sure but I’d say the good results they get are completely by chance and that they don’t get the same result twice. Worse than that maybe - when they get it wrong it appears that the client is immediately to blame –or any relative nearby. I wouldn’t give them responsibility for an event again – they have behaved despicably in threatening the bride when I am in fact the client. Avoid at all costs

• RICHADA published 06/03/2013
    Sounds like a clear breach of contract to me - even if they haven't bothered to sign it! R.