Advantages See text.
Disadvantages See text.
Being one of the major players in any standard orchestra, it is of course an instrument that when well it has a beautiful-sounding quality to it. Otherwise, play it in a sound proofed room with ear plugs - and that is for the person who is playing it at the time!The majority of people who learn this instrument do as I did, which is to go to a recognised teacher. This way, whatever you learn you know o be true on how best to handle the instrument when performing on it. You may be one of those (sickening) people who can pick it up straightaway, with no need to be taught. However, even so I would still recommend that you do at least go to a teacher for a short time as there is a special knack in how to play it.
In terms of the music that you play, of course when you become accomplished on it then it is up to you to decide on what you play - after all, the world is your osyter! You learnt it, so you get to decide what to play on it! But at first, your teacher will show yout he best pieces/ books/ places in which to learn from.There are many things that you could do, once you are at a sitable standard:
1. Play it for your own pleasure.
2. Form a band (OK, so this could be a part of the above).
3. Join an orchestra (as above).
4. Go to music college in order to teach (but specialist music colleges usually require a second instrument, or first if this is your second).
5. Give it up, which would be a shame if you have spent so much time; money and effort, in learning how to master it!
Attention, this is the first review from this author
Instead of giving a negative rating, consider:
Help this member by giving your advice
Report fraud (for example plagiarism) or other issue with the review to the Ciao support team
Add your comment