Virgin Cars Car Importer

Virgin Cars Car Importer

Review of "Virgin Cars Car Importer"

published 10/08/2004 | howellrees
Service
Efficiency
After sales service

"Overall a good buy"

I initially bought my Ford Mondeo 2.0 Di from Virgin in September 2001 and I am now coming to the end of my three year warranty on the car. Overall, the buying experience with Virgin was good. The delivery time on the car was longer than they originally stated on the website and they were not very good in terms of keeping me in the picture as to what was happening with the delivery. However, when they did give me a delivery time the car was delivery to my home and everything was as expected. The Virgin @Your Service servicing package was very good and offered savings on servicing costs when you used the card to pay. The car has proved to be very reliable and the only problem has been a faulty CD unit which has been replaced twice. This was replaced under warranty but it should be noted that the Virgin warranty allows you to have the car serviced anywhere after the initial first year. I did this to save money on the servicing. However, any warranty work like replacing the CD unit can only be carried out by a Ford dealer and I ended up having to pay upfront for the replacement and reclaim from Virgin afterwards. A minor irritation but one to note. Overall, the service has been good, although getting through to their call centre can be lengthy and frustrating.

• sarahpervin published 10/08/2004
    welcome to ciao, i didn't know virgin did cars
  • purplelynne published 10/08/2004
    Glad you had good service. Lynne x