Virgin Megastore (Shop)

Virgin Megastore (Shop)

Review of "Virgin Megastore (Shop)"

published 29/05/2008 | demonbarak
Member since : 12/05/2008
Satisfactory
Pro Mainstream selection excellent
Cons No real communication, poor customer service
Frequency of visit
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range

"Virgin? I'll go to HMV in future thanks."

Virgin, to me, used to be a more expensive version of HMV. Now, after a recent experience with them I can understand why they're shutting stores down.
I went into the local store to pre-order the latest nightwish album, and was told i'd have it less than a week after release. Great! Paid my fees and waited for the "come and get it" phonecall.
Ten days after release, still waiting, i called up. To be told that they weren't going to get it because the store was closing. So, what were they going to do about it? Make me trek into town to get my money back. Wonderful.
So, into town I went and was told that they couldn't cancel teh order because they'd disconnected the store from the mainframe. But i could have my money back anyway. Great. So, money in hand, off I went.
A week or so later, I happened to be near another store, and went in to buy my preorder copy off the shelf. So, had it in my hand and went to pay. Then noticed it was cheaper than I'd payed. So, at the counter paid for the new album and pointed out that my order should have been cancelled and i'd had my money back. So, what do they do? Vanish for twenty minutes, give my money back AGAIN when they returned and confirmed the order was cancelled. Not the sharpest tool in the box really.
About a month later, my preorder arrived through the post. This just stopped being funny a long time ago - Its terrible that a simple preorder can go so very wrong!

In other things, i find that their mainstream selection is excellent, but the rock/metal section is sorely lacking and the staff really don't know that much about their own stores.

• Red-blood-Black-heart published 29/05/2008
    Great review
  • headcase44 published 29/05/2008
    Good review..... why do we allow ourselves to be treated like this when we are the money paying public ? Hope you got sorted out....I love your 'about me' ..... Thanks J.

Product Information : Virgin Megastore (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 10/11/2000