Vision2learn - E Learning website

Vision2learn - E Learning website

Review of "Vision2learn - E Learning website"

published 10/06/2006 | kirkhamgate1
Member since : 19/05/2006
Pro All Courses are Free
Cons See review.

"New sight to Education (with some new pics)"

Homepage

Homepage

My Experience with vision2learn

Well I have been studying with vision2learn through 2 courses with them so far I have completed one and halfway through the second one. The first course I did was 'First steps in IT' this course is for beginners or people who want to brush up on there IT skills. Now I'm doing a 'web entrepreneur' course at the moment which is a bit difficult then the first steps in IT which mostly involves using e-mail and internet tools the reason I decided to use vision2learn it was more convenient for me to fit around my current commitments and because it was free everyone loves freebies lol.

I have had some trouble with a tutor when I did my first course he was not marking it on time and had to do the exam with out my portfolio finished but in the end it all got sorted out turns out the tutor I had dislocated is shoulder blade, this kind of discouraged me to continue with vision to learn though my coursework was handed in on time the response from my tutor was late so it took a bit longer for my exam and portfolio results to come back to me. After finally receiving all my documents back and my exam results I decided to have another go, the incident with my tutor put me off doing another course for about 6 months as I did not trust them to return everything but in the end they did so I have given them a second chance hopefully they will not let me down

So far so good with the web entrepreneur course I have had a lot of feedback and support from my new tutor he has helped me understand new ways of making the internet challenging but understanding at the same time so far all my documents have got to him and he has marked the straight away.

Unfortunatly theses Free Courses are only availible to England residents only

A bit about the courses

All Courses are suitable for people aged 16+, and you could study for FREE if you live in England for anyone there are a number of courses that I am interested in doing later on in the future but for now I have to get through the web entrepreneur first which is becoming more difficult each day.
The recommended amount of time to finish the courses are 8-10 months which you may all think that's a long time and you will easily get it all finished by then well I worked on that course nearly everyday I flew through the first unit on first steps in IT but then work started to get a bit difficult. It says in the terms and conditions that you only have to put 3-4 hours in to the course a week but I ended up taking more time.

They now have some new courses available like

o Team Leading it is a nationally recognised qualification that helps you to build a bridge to new opportunities at work. It's a flexible course which enables you to develop your skills and knowledge of team leading, if you're a total beginner, and to gain recognition for your existing skills if you already have some experience

o Essential IT Skills at Work is a nationally recognised qualification that helps build a bridge to opportunities at work. This is a flexible course that allows you to; choose what skills you learn and how you will learn them. It also enables you to expand your existing skills and knowledge of Information technology if you're a total beginner, to gain knowledge for all of your existing IT skills if you have some experience and to learn new IT skills to suit your job.

o This Infection Control- this course is a useful introduction to the values of infection control. This infection control course can be used to train people or all members of an infection control team. It's packed with really helpful advice, infection control policy guidelines and infection control definitions. It will help you to put theory into preparation by explaining the main beliefs of infection control and by testing your knowledge with infection control quizzes and activities.

o Healthy Eating- this course will show you how. Complete with healthy eating tips, healthy eating information and ideas this course is filled with free advice on healthy eating. It also explains what healthy eating is and why healthy eating is important. It covers healthy eating and nutrition together with healthy eating for the young and the elderly. It includes sessions on healthy eating for vegetarians and allergy sufferers, under nourishment and eating disorders such as anorexia.

Now down to the website which I know what this section is for but now I have got all the above off my chest I feel 100% better

A quick Q & A about www.vision2learn.com

Q. What has vision2learn.com got to offer?
A. Vision2learn offers a wide range of courses that you can study at home or at work at you own pace for FREE for anyone aged 16+ and anyone who is a resident of England in UK for 3 years or more

Q. What is Vision2learn.com?
A. Vision2learn.com is a website full of information on all the free courses that are available to do but you can only do 1 course at a time and useful links to provide more information for people who are interested in enrolling in any of the courses

Q. Does this site have a link to FAQ (frequently asked questions?)
A. Yes this link is available on the home page named 'any questions' this link can answer any questions you may have regarding starting the course and what you have to do to get enrolled to a college and enrolled on to a course.

Q. Do you have any forms to fill out?
A. Yes you have to fill out an enrolment form to get your place in the college and to get on to the course you have selected. There is also and employment form you have to fill out so they can make sure you are in employment to qualify for the courses and a declaration form to make sure you have read the terms and conditions for the course you are going to start.

Q. Is it easy to find your way around this website?
A. Yes everything is clearly labelled on what link you would like to follow.

Q. What was your first thought of vision2learn?
A. I thought this is too good to be true but when I looked through all the different links and information. It was very useful for me.

Q. What do you think about the layout of vision2learn.com?
A. I think that the site is great it's colourful it's all easy to read and easy to find your way around the site without getting into a panic.

Q. How many learners does vision2learn.com have?
A. Over 50,000 learners

Q. How many new learners join each week?
A. Over 1400 new learners every week

Q. How many new Learners join each day?
A. Over 200 new learners every day

Q. Would you recommend this website to your friends and colleges?
A. Yes Defiantly vision2learn.com has helped me gain more knowledge about computers and internet tools

Q. Can anyone join?
Unfortunately no only people aged 16+ and residents of the UK/EU England for 3 years and not just for educational purposes

Q. Is there any Benefits for studying with vision2learn.com?
- Courses are usually Free
- Expert help from quailfied experts

Q. Can you apply for a course online?
A. Yes you can only apply for it online and they will send you all relevant forms and information needed to get started

Q. What do you need to start a course?
A. you need a computer with internet connection and outlook express for some courses.

Q. How do you submit work to a tutor?
A. Vision2learn use a V-mail system it like e-mail but a v-mail gets sorted in to different folders on there v-mail web address for different learners so for example if I was to send my tutor a v-mail it would go in to a folder with my name on it to tell him the message is from me without opening it.

Hope this has tempted you a little bit
Happy learning